How to ? Traditional Renegade

elknut

So, I've been looking into building my own ML, shooting conicals mostly to hunt elk/deer. The gun needs to fill most state restrictions, CO, ID and any good Whitetail state. I have a 21? x 1?Green Mt barrel 1-28 twist, in stainless steel, 50 cal. Drop-in for the TC Renegade.

I'd like to put a very nice custom stock on the gun, maybe hand finish it and I've seen a couple on the net that look pretty good not made by TC. That leaves all the rest of the parts, is it best to pick up an old TC Renegade and pull the parts or can I get parts one at a time some place? Also, does it need to be a ?Renegade? or what other ML parts fit the Renegade stock / GM barrel?

Of course trying to keep the cost down as I have fun building this gun. I have looked at Idahoron?s guns and love them.

Steve

The short answer is yes, you can buy the parts at a few different places. I replaced the stock on my TC Hawken a couple years ago; got the stock from Pecatonica River Longrifles. Everything was direct drop in with minor fitting.

Parts (furniture, lock, etc) can be had from Track of the Wolf, Log Cabin Shop, Dixie Gunworks. Log Cabin shop has probably the easiest way to find the TC parts you need. The lock (if you don't have it) and stock are the biggest cost. (stock was around $105, locks are usually a bit more). If you had a lock that would help.

Renegades have a larger barrel than the Hawken (1" vs 15/16").

To cut down on parts, you don't need a nose cap (renegades don't have one, generally) or a patch box. There are a couple other parts that can be considered optional as well.
PM sent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom