how was the hunt

L

lv oakey (Guest)

looking for info. for next yr. i live in nv. hard to get a good tag. have to build up points. we hunted west dez. deep creek range and confusion range conger mtn. water was hard to find. one spring south of the area not good water. the deep creek range everyone was at the water. to much comp.for the area people everywhere not the place for me. to many people in one area. a few people not careing about posted areas wildernes drive right by. things have chanded in utah. hunted there 13 yrs. ago.so now we are still open for ut. looking into az. nm. co. we are open to drop camps to. so some info will help. lv oakey

Not trying to be a "Told-You-So", but I did give you the honest scoop on the Deeps when you asked before the hunt. The deer were decimated by the winter of 92-93 when we had deep snows, followed by a few days of warm weather which melted the top of the snow, then a hard freeze hit and created a crust over the whole darn mountian and valley. Up to 90% of the deer died. Now the Deeps have been in a drought since '93 and predators are keeping the deer numbers low. Now all these people go out there to get away from others, but there are probably more hunters per deer out there than any other spot in the state.

Good luck finding a new spot in UT, Go to the Wasatch Front and look for deer with everyone else. You will see other people, but you most likely will see deer.

I agree 100% with you 2 point. I was stupid enough to go out there again. I went during the middle of the week thinking no one would be out there, people were EVERYWHERE. I did see 6 doe, after hiking my rear off. The deeps is history!

all we can do is try our best and some hope. then back to the computer and check things out start all over.

yes you told me so will have to eat some humble pie. was one wasted deer hunt. 495 miles of dirt not horn anywhere to be seen. we even went to the confusions at conger mtn. we drove all around the place. one spring bad water we cleaned it up and still boiled the water for coffie. blew one sidewall on flat ground. sure not like hunting around beaver area. past up lots of 3 by 3s seen one monster buck there. so after dinner tonight i will have a dish of crow. lv oakey

we stayed on indian farm creek. we seen one sheep gone wild my partner said thats about the best we will see. we hunted n. pass area found a water guzler in the canyon one dead head forkey. anywhere near the basin to many people. people in the closed areas on quads one in a truck. we even went to the south end east of water can. found one dead buck spring kill no horns. seen lots of antalope. i know i will never hunt there agin. lv oakey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom