How would you handle this in your hunting area?

I was down there last weekend. we were watching a group of bucks east of boulder feeding in a field. they looked really relaxed and didnt care we were there. Maybe we should have looked a little closer at what they were feeding on.

A couple of years ago I was sitting in a tree stand and here comes this kid actually skipping down the steep hill with a store bag in his hand. He went down below me and a spring I was sitting and disappeared for about 20 minutes. Then here he comes trotting back up the hill and out of sight the same way he came except the bag was full. I thought I could barely here a quad running as I was in almost a half mile straight down from the nearest road. Anyway when I came out I got pulled over looking at deer on the side of a little paved road. I was asked if I had seen anything odd while I was hunting. When I told him what I had witnessed he got a little excited, made a radio call out of ear shot and let me go on my way. I got a phone call 2 days later from the county Sherriff and was questioned about it. Turns out it was a marijuana crop growing below the spring where they had tapped into the ranchers black plastic pipe going down below to the troughs and made a drip system. A little off the subject here because I didn't know about it, but the answer to the question is I would turn it in as soon as I spotted it had I known. As it turns out the Sherriff already knew about the plants and they were staking it out. They also knew about me and my tree stand just above the spring.

GBA

I would get out of there as fast as I could! Chances are who ever is growing the stuff is living there like they story said and they are armed and ready to kill or harm any intruders.

If you hunted the area you might get a ticket for baiting! LOL

Really though, get out of there fast and turn it in. Find another place to hunt for a while.

Be careful out there. Good sportsmen are the only sane people!

Zeke

I would lite the whole thing on fire, then go downwind with a 2 liter bottle of pepsi and 4 bags of funions.

Or just call the sherrif and run away, depends on the day

That John Denver is full of $#!t man

It did happen here in Colorado. It is almost an everyday thing now. Armed groups of illegals living in the woods growing weed to sell in our booming medical marijuana shops.

Would marijuana work as a food plot?

The vast majority of very large plantations here in CA. are run by illegal mexicans working for some drug cartel. I can not figure out why they continue to try and grow many thousands of plants, as they are easier to spot from the air.
I have been involved in over 25 busts involving marijuana plantations, and have seen a few things going on with them.

One, most of the big ones are in fact guarded by armed suspects, who will shoot you if given the chance. Does not matter you are a innocent hunter, as far as they are concerned you are there to rip their plants off.

two, they do not like deer eating their plants, will kill deer that does, especially if the plants are young small transplants and deer will destroy the intire plant.

The C.A.M.P. team in CA. has gone as far as putting in ground teams to observe large grows. The teams are National Guard trained Ranger teams and their mission is catch the growers in the act of tending to their plants.

If it keeps up, I can see the federal goverment putting signs out to stay out of national forest land due to danger of encountering armed growers.

RELH

I would find their main camp and tell them that for $10,000 cash I'll forget what I saw. If they decline then then I'll turn them in.

On second thought, they may not speak english........bad idea.

Eel

I would head for home and hope to hell there was a Taco Bell open on the way....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I'd shoot them all, steal the weed, leave gangland grafitti on every flat surface and litter the site with Colt 45 malt liquor cans.

This would start a gang war in East Los Angeles, where hopefully, hundreds of dirtbags will perish.

I would take the weed and leave it in Nancy Pelosi's yard and call in the "tip". This would result in a drug bust in which Ms, Pelosi might perish.

Happened to me too! We were rounding up our cattle on a ranch that we had a cattle lease on. We found over 400 marijuana plants that were growing in pots under camo mesh. Talking to our ranch manager, he had been noticing the son (college age) of the owner coming out there almost every week, so we figured he was growing them. Had a meeting to decide what to do and ended up calling the DEA and they ended up arresting him.

We all agreed that if we had just found a handful of plants, we would just have told his father (who had no idea this was happening). However, with that many plants, we had no choice but to turn him in.

We can't keep our cattle on that ranch any more, imagine that!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom