Howa 1500 Superlite

toklat

Anyone bought one recently? 20” barrel and weighs 4 lbs. 7 oz.
What are your thoughts?
Understand it is prone to problems with complete ejection of spent cartridges?

I don't own one, but I've looked at them pretty seriously. The online reviews I've seen suggest they are pretty darn good but they don't make them in the cartridges I'm interested in. (don't have)
I'm a western hunter so love packing light rifles and even with scopes mounted, none of mine are over 8.5 lbs.
Give us a review if you pick one up.

Little Bighorn. All the many reviews both verbal and You Tube I have researched, are very positive for a 20” barrel and 4 lb. 7 oz. configuration.
You might want to download the You Tube review Ron Spomer just put out! He reviews a 6.5 Creedmoor and gave it a glowing review. Even went as far as stating “it might just be my favorite new rifle”!
Granted currently only offered in three calibers.
Several of the reviews I have seen and read however, do mention extraction problems of spent cartridges resulting in issues with speedy follow-up shots.
Otherwise, looks good!

For sure! Ron Spomer's review was one of them that got my attention. I watched a couple others that were also positive.
I own a regular 1500 action in a newly put together 22 Creedmoor and it cycles very smooth. I also have a friend who loves the Howa mini action and has a couple. The ultralight is apparently a hybrid between the two so only time will tell, but in my research the Howa actions in general have always been highly regarded.
If I was in the market for a new lightweight and they offered it in a cartridge that I was wanting, I'd probably bite on that one.
It's a new enough offering, there may not be many out there who've owned one but for sure Spomer gives it (y) (y).

Definitely new on the market. Actually comes in .243, 7mm-08, 6.5 CM and .308.
I will wait a little longer to see if the ejector problem persists and gets rectified if it is a problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom