How's the Kern River Hunt?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Anybody been drawn for this hunt? What can be expected on this hunt? Is it dependent on weather? Just curious.....thanks!

Steve

I hunted it in 2007 and killed a 25" 3X3. Ive also helped some friends a few times. Weather helps, but is not a necesity. The bucks will be in the rut. Killing a buck is no problem. Finding a good buck takes some luck/work. Last year there was alot of weather. My buddy ended up killing a 23 1/2" 4X4. We hunted for six days and saw two bucks 24-25", around six 20-24", and a bunch of 17"-20". Its a fun hunt!

Don P.

Where is James store? I'd like to see the pic. I havn't heard of this buck. It would take a heck of a buck to make Robin's look like a dink!

Don P.

It's a good hunt if you hunt along the rim from the junction of Sherman Pass up towards Johnsondale.
Good bucks there.
I've been there many times scouting but not for gophers.

T$

I'am with Peez on this one,calln B.S. till I see a pic,someone who lives up that way needs to post it if it's true.Ben huntn muleys to long to call that gal's buck a dink,no matter what.

Jim

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom