How's The OTC Muzzy Elk Hunt?

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
What a week of hunting up above Flaming Gorge!

Pretty much had every kind of weather that could be offered up.

Travel day was really nice on Monday the 31st.

Robb

IMG_9053.jpg

Opening Day nothing but big wind and only 3 cows and a 3 x 2 bull sighted and no shot taken.

Even though we don't have to, I always wear my Blaze orange just in case.....safety

I thought of 'Slammy' as I prepped my Scopeless T/C .50 cal.

IMG_9006.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to get back to the lodging and have a warm seat for the bummy cheeks..... I never leave home without it!

Then get a hot shower and watch the World Series with the eFireplace going sure takes the chill off of a dang cold day with the windchill too.

IMG_9055.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

BUMMER Alert.....

I blew some bedded does out @ 88 yards and the bulls blew out with them.

Damn the luck! haha

I've just been running up on Monte Cristo now that I'm back home.

For $150.00 Multi Season tag, I have no complaints.

Robb
That is a bummer. Just wondering, did you try a cow call right when they started to bust? I've been able to stop them for a few seconds for a shot when I'm able to let out a few chirps.

I tried to do a cow call, but I got hung up taking Horsecorns gifted Seatbelt off....haha

Robb
I have to say, out of the times I did throw out a cow call to try to stop a bull. Twice as many times I got caught up in the moment and forgot to try and usually forget to throw in some ear plugs when shooting too. ?

+1 ridgetops

I don't like to shoot with my backpack on either as it just doesn't feel 'set' for the shot with my gun butt on my shoulder straps.....

Robb

Did ya have you really nice Outfitter tents and big stacks of fire wood?

That camp pic was 1 of the best ever!

Robb

Opened on Wednesday, but couldn't make it up until Saturday due to a Colorado 2nd season deer hunt of my son's. ended up with 6 elk in 3-days between 7 of us and headed home. All the meat all of our freezers could hold ;).

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom