hoyt turbohawk

huntinfanatic

just got the '10 hoyt turbohawk and love it. i shot it and the alphamax 32 and could not feel any difference so decided to save the $200 and go with the turbohawk. any of u out there actually able to feel anything that makes the alphamax a better bow?

i shoot the 2010 powerhawk and i cant feel a difference from my bow and the alphamax. there is a slight weight difference but shot wise nothing

Don't pass on the first day if you would shot it the last day

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-09 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]A lot of the things that make one bow better than the other you won't be able to feel with the shot any more because they've all have pretty good dampening at the shot. You bought a great bow! A lot of the difference is in design and the stability of the riser and it's lack of flex at the shot to make it more consistant. Magnesium risers are cast and as such are cheaper to build because they require less machine time figured into the cost of the bow. You got the same top quality limbs as on the Alphamax and the same cams packaged with a less expensive riser which combines to give you an excellent value in your bow. Hoyt had their heads screwed on straight when they built that bow and gave the customer excellent value with a taste of Hoyt's renowned quality. That's a sure fire formula to build repeat customers.

Unless I am wrong I believe that the Hawk series is the old REFLEX brand. I was not at all impressed with the Reflex bows, my brother got one trying to save a few hundred dollars. However, I have to eat my old opinion, because now the Hawks are a sweet deal. I have shot all of them. You got an awesome bow, I have $400 bucks saved for my new bow, and as much as a I want an Alfamax or something, I may go for a Turbohawk, and save $200 or more. Keep us updated on how it shoots!

Dillon

There's a ton of noticable differences between an Alphamax and a Turbohawk...glad to hear you like your new bow though kuz that's all that really matters :)

~Z~

Dillon - if you have $400 saved you are not that far from getting an Alphamax. With the new Maxxis' coming out, I have seen AMs in the $500 range with accessories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom