HUGE Apology from Me to Greg Krogh and Ron Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Ron Lara at Western Wildlife Adventures was hammered hard today on IG over an ad that I posted here to the site in the Hunts & Tags Classifieds. The ad contained two photos that were clients of Greg's. The hunters had bought the LO vouchers from Ron, but used Greg as the guide. They killed big bucks.

Ron had a flyer that just showed the photos with the text that a couple LO voucher buyers had killed the big bucks. When I put the ad together, I didn't read and process it very well. I screwed up and included the photos in the ad and therefore it appeared Ron was trying to take credit for those bucks. He was not. It was totally my fault and I feel like crap because Ron just got hammered hard by IG dudes on Greg's post.

The ad was immediately removed from the site here. I also posted an apology and explanation to Greg's IG, but he removed the post and so it was probably never seen by those who now think Ron stole photos to pass off as his own clients' success.

So, it's important for me to post here that the screw up was TOTALLY MINE, not Ron's. Ron runs a great outfit and didn't deserve the trashing he got.
I apologize to Greg and Ron.

Things posted to the world can't be taken back, it's out there, spreading like crazy. So I hope those of you who read this can pass it on when you see Ron getting hammered over the ad that I F'ed up on.

Crazy. I can't figure out why Greg would remove your apology and explanation to Greg's IG. That should have ended it.

I've bought LO tags from Ron and he's a great host. I've never been guided by him but I hear he's a good guide. I don't know Greg.

Brian, this was an honest mistake on your part. Thank you for the retraction. I have left a message with Greg Krogh to talk thru what he may have put on IG. I generally don't pay attention to IG as I am older and not real tech savvy.

The two client pictures you used were guided by Greg Krogh but the landowner vouchers were purchased from Western Wildlife Adventures. He may not have put anything in his post about that.

You just mistakenly grabbed those two photos to do my ad for me. I purposely didn't use my watermark on those because I didn't want hunters to assume we guided them. But I did congratulate the clients on one of my flyers advertising landowner vouchers for that unit.

Hopefully Greg will give me a call so we can discuss it. I have been in business for 27 years and done over 750 mule deer hunts in Nevada and have always gone by the "book" in all my dealings. I have also been on the board of directors and a member of Nevada Guides and Outfitters for all 27 years.

Crazy. I can't figure out why Greg would remove your apology and explanation to Greg's IG. That should have ended it.

I've bought LO tags from Ron and he's a great host. I've never been guided by him but I hear he's a good guide. I don't know Greg.
I never removed the apology or explanation. I removed the entire post as a courtesy to the Ron and Brian, until i could get the rest of the story. Before i even made the post I called and then texted the number on the add in question and got no response for over 2 hours before I posted on Instagram. I have personally seen the photo and the text of the watermarked photo to Ron with my watermark on it. I was the outfitter and I was the one under contract with the hunter. I don’t feel someone has the right to take off my watermark and then put the photos on their outfitters flyer because they bought some tags from them. I’ve bought and sold many tags in Nevada with other outfitters and I’ve never posted their photos and taken off their watermarks just because I sold them the vouchers. He doesn’t claim that he guided my hunters but he also took off my watermark and it is very misleading. Case in point, the flyer describes their elk hunters as people who purchased landowner tags and never mentions being guided by WWW despite the fact they were. Same example as the antelope hunters. Never says they were guided but that is implied by the fact that they are on a flyer being distributed about WWA’s 2020 season. The bottom line is that 2 of my clients bucks had my watermark removed and then were posted on his flyer in the middle of 20 success photos, none of the 20 say they were guided by WWA, it’s just assumed because they are in his flyer with a small watermark describing 2020’s successful season. so it’s safe to assume that my two will also be assumed to have been guided by WWA as well. This wouldn’t have been the case if my outfitters watermark hadn’t been removed.

Brian, this was an honest mistake on your part. Thank you for the retraction. I have left a message with Greg Krogh to talk thru what he may have put on IG. I generally don't pay attention to IG as I am older and not real tech savvy.

The two client pictures you used were guided by Greg Krogh but the landowner vouchers were purchased from Western Wildlife Adventures. He may not have put anything in his post about that.

You just mistakenly grabbed those two photos to do my ad for me. I purposely didn't use my watermark on those because I didn't want hunters to assume we guided them. But I did congratulate the clients on one of my flyers advertising landowner vouchers for that unit.

Hopefully Greg will give me a call so we can discuss it. I have been in business for 27 years and done over 750 mule deer hunts in Nevada and have always gone by the "book" in all my dealings. I have also been on the board of directors and a member of Nevada Guides and Outfitters for all 27 years.
Ron, i went back and looked back at your original flyer you sent out to your clients and also the same flyer that you sent Brian. While it’s true you don’t claim on that flyer that you guided them, it’s certainly implied in my opinion because my watermark had been removed. Not one of the 20 success photos on that flyer say that they were guided by You guys. In fact some of the other elk hunts you actually did guide described them as buying vouchers from you and it never mentions that you guided them despite the fact that you did. Because the flyer is all about WWA’s 2020 successes it is very misleading to have 2 of my big buck photos on their in between 18 other photos of yours. The only way anyone would catch on that those weren’t guided by you guys would be if they saw my watermarks(which were removed) or noticed they were the only 2 photos that had no watermark. I feel this is very unlikely to be picked up on. You said maybe i didn’t mention that they bought their landowner tags from you. I did mention explicitly in my post that “to be totally fair, they did purchase their landowner tags from Ron” but that doesn’t excuse the fact that my watermark was removed and then my pics used on a flyer about your 2020 season. Everybody had all of the facts. Greg

I agree Greg, I sent out a flyer tonight to make sure everyone knows I was only congratulating the purchasers of the vouchers and made sure all knew you were the guide on those two hunts. Sorry for any confusion.

Ron Lara at Western Wildlife Adventures was hammered hard today on IG over an ad that I posted here to the site in the Hunts & Tags Classifieds. The ad contained two photos that were clients of Greg's. The hunters had bought the LO vouchers from Ron, but used Greg as the guide. They killed big bucks.

Ron had a flyer that just showed the photos with the text that a couple LO voucher buyers had killed the big bucks. When I put the ad together, I didn't read and process it very well. I screwed up and included the photos in the ad and therefore it appeared Ron was trying to take credit for those bucks. He was not. It was totally my fault and I feel like crap because Ron just got hammered hard by IG dudes on Greg's post.

The ad was immediately removed from the site here. I also posted an apology and explanation to Greg's IG, but he removed the post and so it was probably never seen by those who now think Ron stole photos to pass off as his own clients' success.

So, it's important for me to post here that the screw up was TOTALLY MINE, not Ron's. Ron runs a great outfit and didn't deserve the trashing he got.

Things posted to the world can't be taken back, it's out there, spreading like crazy. So I hope those of you who read this can pass it on when you see Ron getting hammered over the ad that I F'ed up on.
Brian, as I told you on the phone this has nothing to do with you. I appreciate you reaching and that’s why i took down the post as a courtesy to you.

I agree Greg, I sent out a flyer tonight to make sure everyone knows I was only congratulating the purchasers of the vouchers and made sure all knew you were the guide on those two hunts. Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom