HUGE buck killed in Colorado

ThunderBall

A guy in colorado killed a huge buck. Saw pictures posted on facebook. See it at the link below. However, he doesn't want people to know his name at this time. That seems shady to me. Hope it was taken legally, the thing is GIANT - 40", heavy, and lots of points.

7124cobuck.jpg

Probably wants to get an article in one of the hunting magazines, can't fault a guy for that.
And that thing is absolutely huge!

Sweet boots....

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-14 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]Good call Stinky. Great, great buck, but the tag is supposed to stay attached to the meat, not the horns/cape. Not to detract from the posting of such a great mule deer, but might save someone a ticket

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Really, nothing more than what was easily possible, with work, back in the 50/70's in southern Colo. Maybe special for 2014 headhunters, but just generic in time.
Brooks264

>Sweet boots....
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Exactly, the deer is ok, but them boots are pretty nice. Texan?

TXHunter, that was exactly what I was looking at. I learned the hard way (told by a DOW person). Lucky for me, twas a volunteer not a sworn person...if you know what I mean.
John 14:6

A 311 inch buck was easy to find in the 50's to 70's ?????.... You must be high....or 13

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Yeah, I hunted mulies in the 70s, mostly in Carbon County, Wyoming. There certainly were more deer and it was much easier to kill a mature 4x4, but I never saw a buck like this one, alive or dead. I don't follow the record books, but this has to be a book animal, maybe very high.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-14 AT 08:15PM (MST)[p]there have been exactly 7 bucks from Colorado ever entered in the "book" over 300.....306-7/8 being the biggest.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

This buck is covered on the B&C Trophy Watch webpage. Reported to score 308-4/8 green. Colorado hunter - Bret Ross

I'm thinking this will be the biggest buck taken all year in any state. He does have everything going for him for sure.
Got to love the boots, Bronc rider special.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom