hunt expo, rocky mtn sheep tag, non resident

bownutcolo

I want to thank the utah residents and hunt expo for a great summer!!! I drew the rocky mtn sheep tag on the nine mile, range creek unit at hunt expo. I live in grand junction, colo, so am closer to the unit than most residents, I spent a lot of weekends hiking with friends, learning everything I could about the unit. I logged a little more than 90 miles on my boots in the unit, that doesn't sound like much, but that is a lot in the rocks of the bookcliffs, I have hunted the bookcliffs all my life on the colo side. I put out 7 differnt cameras, and got about 2000 Ram pictures and 3000 ewe pictures in differnt parts of the unit. There are a few mesa that I don't think very many people have hike, and if they did they are crazier than we were!! I learned a hell of a lot and expect to return year after year to help or at least watch the sheep. It was a dream come true after applying in Colo for 27 years,(yes I'm still appying!!
I got 13 points for utah's Desert Sheep and Elk. So I' ll be back to enjoy your state some more. I'll try and post a picture of Ram I took opening day with archery gear, was a great hunt, I could not be more pleased!!!

7031utah_sheep_pictures_11-1-13_039.jpg

Here is the picture

Impressive ram and to do it by yourself with a bow is double impressive. My congrats an I'm glad it worked out for you.

Great hunt, great picture, great story. Kudos to you for doing it with bow and arrow. I'm sincerely impressed and jealous.

Congrats on a beautiful trophy! Thank you so much for sharing the picture.
Would you mind sharing some of the other camera pictures that you took over the summer? We are all envious that you got the tag, but congrats on a fine animal of a lifetime!

Tallbuck1

Well done our MM friend from Colorado!
Colorado was good to me when I needed a bighorn sheep back in 1990 so it makes me happy to see one of "our" sheep go to a Colorado sportsman!
Again, well done... and thanks for sharing!
Zeke

Wait a second, you don't need a sitka outfit to hunt sheep, let alone kill a stud ram with a bow? This is an awesome pic and story. Good for you and excellent job!

Alright!
That is a great story. I am so glad you enjoyed the hunt and made so much out of it.

>Wait a second, you don't need
>a sitka outfit to hunt
>sheep, let alone kill a
>stud ram with a bow?
>This is an awesome pic
>and story. Good for you
>and excellent job!

funny, I spent a month packing camp back in a couple miles on weekends, alot of my hunting clothes, game bags, knifes,range finder, spotting scope,gatoraide, water, stoves everything at camp, at last minute I decided to grap a couple extra game bags and another knife, good thing I did on way to camp!!! No I do not have sitka, wish I did!!!!

>I'll try to post a few
>more pictures, a few a
>day!!
6204ram_1_1290.jpg

not sure what I did wrong.. I'll work on it, I hike huntin and hike better than computers,,,,, Ha Ha

That's a great ram, for any weapon. Your dedication for making the most of such a rare tag is impressive, even for a hard core sheep hunter, much less a novice.
I am truly excited for your success and can't wait to have a first hand peek at your trophies!
Keep us in mind should lighting strike again with a desert tag!
Congratulations

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom