HUNTER DIED AT HOWARD SLOUGH

I never heard of Howard Slough. Do you hunt there, RACK?

SAFETY FIRST!!!!!

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

its north of Gray Lodge.....
I don't hunt it because to me its a woodie refuge and I don't shoot woodducks!
I would rather hunt little dry creek just west of it however that the number 1 refuge in the state and hard to get in to hunt!
rm

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-08 AT 00:14AM (MST)[p]The older brother, the survivor, now has to live with what has happened... hard one!

All this probably wouldn't have happened had he had his shotgun on "safe". Something about bird hunting makes some guys think they need to shoot fast. I've caught about every guy i hunt with not having his safety on at some point on some hunt. They think a bird is going to get up and they will then forget to take the safety off causing the bird to get away, or, that it will take too long to find the safety and then push it to the fire position so they just don't put it on knowingly believing nothing bad will happen.

Either way, you, me, the other guy, we just got to use them and i harp on my buds all the time, "You got that thing on safe?" Worst case, "Brother kills Brother in Shooting Accident"... Man, tough to live with, especially when it's all about being worried that a bull&$#* bird might get away.

Joey

This is a tragic thing that happened and we need to make sure that all of us practice gun safety. No duck or deer is worth taking a chance with something bad like this happening.
I really get upset watching hunting shows on TV and see the hunter following his guide with his rifle off the shoulder pointing at the guide. I would like to see more of these shows not only practice gun safety, but stess it as a regular part of their show.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom