Hunter Orange!

F

flukehunter

Why does it seem after someone shoots an animal(rifle season) in Wyoming, they take off there orange to take a picture with the animal.I do not but it seems others do and I don't understand why.People are still hunting.......... Any ideas why?

Check the pictures from the Wyoming Outfitters half of the pictures are that way.

The only thing I can think of is that the orange draws the eye away from the animal. I only wear an orange hat while in the field and I don't take it off. It's part of my hunting apparell so I leave it on.

Steve

I think it is because most guys hate to wear it and they want to look like the Great White Hunter. I know I hate to wear it but I do cause I don't want to go to jail. I don't know for sure but I think it is the male ego! ha ha
Good luck this year!

I usually take some with orange and without.

I think the ones without look better, but take some with the orange too so that the ethics police on hunting boards dont squeal...

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

i think its just opinion as to what looks better. i personally think that the orange draws too much attn away from the photo. some like their photo to look just like they shot the animal, blood and all. i try to make pretty pictures. that is just how i like to do it.

i also only wear orange if its required. maybe i should but i dont tend to worry much about getting shot. i dont need anyone out there trying to teach me a lesson either! haha.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I have taken off the orange from time to time for pics but, It's always hanging just outside of the view of the camera on a limb or other visible spot. If you're going to be working on an animal...have that stuff out. Never know what someone else's mind will "see." I'm sure we've all heard the story about the guy gutting his deer without orange on...some other hunter thought he was seeing a black bear on a carcass and shot. Maybe true, may not. Either way it's best not to take too many chances, especially now that guys are trying shots from ridiculous ranges.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom