Hunter safety

GoBigorGohome

How many of you are taking your kids,nephews and nieces for their hunter safety before the deadline approch to apply for big game hunts. Im taking my two boys for their. What do you prefer: Doing homework in the workbook or Doing it online and paying $25 for the certificate when they pass the homework session. any input?

My son Gus just passed the Bloomfield NM class few weeks back! We got the printed book and was way better for my son then the computer. Gus is only 7 so reading the class and taking the tests was better on in the book for him! Its a ton of work, my wife who took the class with him, was very happy with the whole class!

I only wish he was old enough for some of the cool ibex and bighorn hunts... of all the critters he wants a white tail...

www.200inches.com

I took my 11-year old son to both Bow Ed and the Hunter ed last fall. I made him sit down and read the book and answered the questions with him. He did well and scored an 88 I think.

I took my daughter last month and made her read the book...why pay $25 when game and fish offers it for free? the kids can carry the booklet wherever they go and don't need to have a pc nearby, basically, it's convenient...my daughter scored a 95 on handling and a 94 on the written, just got her a 7mm-08 browning a-bolt...nephew also passed two weekends ago...im really stoked about getting the kids applied for some hunts and hopefully call in a bull for them, hell, im more excited for them than i am to draw (don't get me wrong, i still want to draw my own hunt)...

ixsolracxi- yeah thats very true why pay $25 to do it online. i'll be taking my two oldest boys 11 and 9 in a couples to take their hunter safety. I got their handbooks yesterday and they were stoked to get the ready done... it'll be alot of work hopefully it'll pay off in the end.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom