hunters aren’t really necessary

outdoorsdude

“Ultimately, hunters aren’t really necessary to manage wildlife, Kevin Bixby told Outdoor Life last year. Bixby is the executive director of Wildlife For All, a New Mexico-based group that’s pushing for state wildlife reform, with roots in animal-rights, rewilding, and deep ecology campaigns.”

How long before we see fruition of this ideology, on our Game Commission?

Here is a take by Eastman's:
Animal Rights Activists On Game Commission?

How long? How about last year with the "ban" on public lands trapping and coyote hunting on state lands.

These changes started to happen when transplants came to western states. California is the first glaring example. We had Republican Governors and balanced legislature though out 80's 90, and 2000's. Now, Dems have supermajority in legislature and sweet talking Governor. There is no way that traditional values can be maintained in CA, and now in CO NM and WA. We are losing the fight. We need to find another way.

When hunting is no longer allowed we no longer have a "need" for guns... This isn't about animals guys.
Dude, your guns are fine! There are more people backing gun rights than making sure kids are safe in schools. It is about hunting, and it all started with making it illegal in NM to trap on public lands. Next it will be going after hunting on public lands.

Dude, your guns are fine! There are more people backing gun rights than making sure kids are safe in schools. It is about hunting, and it all started with making it illegal in NM to trap on public lands. Next it will be going after hunting on public lands.
Except the 2nd A isn't about hunting, it's about a fundamental right to self defense. The SCOTUS has already affirmed that.

Case closed.
I agree with you guys but the political push behind some of these animal changes has guns in mind. Not saying they will get it done but many share that view point.

I agree with you guys but the political push behind some of these animal changes has guns in mind. Not saying they will get it done but many share that view point.

Yep. And that just shows how much these jackwagon politicians don't understand.

What they don't realize is that at a state level, just because they do away with hunting, they do not have the authority to do away with guns, at a state level, while other states retain them.

Yep. And that just shows how much these jackwagon politicians don't understand.

What they don't realize is that at a state level, just because they do away with hunting, they do not have the authority to do away with guns, at a state level, while other states retain them.
Sure as **** ain’t getting mine.

The liberals have already taking over the commission. And more troubling is the game and fish took 7 million from general fund this year which means they got their hooks in that department. Bad things to come for hunters if it continues on this trend. If the Rawa bill ever passes the department will get about 30 million a year and hunters dollars will become less important. And all the RAWA money is for non game animals

The liberals have already taking over the commission. And more troubling is the game and fish took 7 million from general fund this year which means they got their hooks in that department. Bad things to come for hunters if it continues on this trend. If the Rawa bill ever passes the department will get about 30 million a year and hunters dollars will become less important. And all the RAWA money is for non game animals

Then I gladly will spend my hunting dollars elsewhere as a non-resident.

Only 5 of the 7 seats are currently filled in the commission from what I understand, umpa lumpa hasn’t found two leftists extreme enough for the last two seats I guess.
I do feel for the officers and employees in the G&F who have to be ruled by these tyrants .
It’s sucks so bad that we’re watching the beginning of the end , not just for hunting but a deep dive to the left to PURPOSELY put us on the same pathetic track as Cali, Oregon, Washington, New York. Me personally, have some tough decisions ahead . My entire family is here and it’s looking like we’re not going to have a choice but to find greener pastures.

I’d rather see a wolf on public land than a cow.

Hunters only care about animals they can shoot. The whole BS hunters are conservationists isn’t true anymore.
Whoa you are whacked. If it wasn’t for cattle you wouldn’t have half of the water developments in NM that support wildlife. A lot Hunters aren’t the conservationists of yesterday but many are. Once the cattle are run off of public land the hunters will be next, so careful why you wish for.

Whoa you are whacked. If it wasn’t for cattle you wouldn’t have half of the water developments in NM that support wildlife. A lot Hunters aren’t the conservationists of yesterday but many are. Once the cattle are run off of public land the hunters will be next, so careful why you wish for.
Nope. Cattle compete with native animals for food and water. Public land grazing is worse than wolves. Not to mention all the diseases domestic sheep pass on to wild sheep.

Public land ranchers are no friends of wildlife. Fact.

You mention water? Ok cool story, there’s tons of organizations that would install guzzlers and not expect to rape the land with stinking cows.

I’d rather see a wolf on public land than a cow.

Hunters only care about animals they can shoot. The whole BS hunters are conservationists isn’t true anymore.
You'll see that wolf as hiker not as a hunter if this BS keeps up.

I can imagine a future where our public lands are accessed on a lottery permit basis.

We'll put in for "tags", just to go hiking or backpacking.

Only 5 of the 7 seats are currently filled in the commission from what I understand, umpa lumpa hasn’t found two leftists extreme enough for the last two seats I guess.
I do feel for the officers and employees in the G&F who have to be ruled by these tyrants .
It’s sucks so bad that we’re watching the beginning of the end , not just for hunting but a deep dive to the left to PURPOSELY put us on the same pathetic track as Cali, Oregon, Washington, New York. Me personally, have some tough decisions ahead . My entire family is here and it’s looking like we’re not going to have a choice but to find greener pastures.
I’m gonna disagree with you about Oregon. I got family there and I’ve been spending a lot of time there over the years, since I retired from the Army I tend to spend about two months each year there. And I can’t wait to move there. I am very familiar with how that state ranks in education, jobs, medical care, and public safety. Oh and tons and tons of hunting and fishing. So I know why I am excited to move there, we would be very fortunate if NM matched OR in any category. So I want to hear what you think is so bad about OR. I bet you can’t come up with anything other than just phrases like “Liberal or far left extremism.”

I’m gonna disagree with you about Oregon. I got family there and I’ve been spending a lot of time there over the years, since I retired from the Army I tend to spend about two months each year there. And I can’t wait to move there. I am very familiar with how that state ranks in education, jobs, medical care, and public safety. Oh and tons and tons of hunting and fishing. So I know why I am excited to move there, we would be very fortunate if NM matched OR in any category. So I want to hear what you think is so bad about OR. I bet you can’t come up with anything other than just phrases like “Liberal or far left extremism.”

People elsewhere say the same thing about NM...

One word ……
PORTLAND!
You’re right the eastern half the state is awesome which is why they’re trying to be absorbed by Idaho right now.
So yeah PORTLAND

One word ……
PORTLAND!
You’re right the eastern half the state is awesome which is why they’re trying to be absorbed by Idaho right now.
So yeah PORTLAND
I’m pretty sure I mentioned Portland, but if you needed to scream it in all caps then go for it. Oregon is a state with enough economy and infrastructure across other communities that you can live in the state and never go into Portland unless you need to fly in or out the airport. So I would hardly try to justify Organ as a Sh**hole just because of one city. My dads truck was stolen twice, my neighbor was shot in the head in his driveway, and some guy dumped an entire 30 round magazine for an AR-15 just four houses down from mine. And I live in a nice area of ABQ. So I’ll take my chances elsewhere.

Nope. Cattle compete with native animals for food and water. Public land grazing is worse than wolves. Not to mention all the diseases domestic sheep pass on to wild sheep.

Public land ranchers are no friends of wildlife. Fact.

You mention water? Ok cool story, there’s tons of organizations that would install guzzlers and not expect to rape the land with stinking cows.
Fact, eh? You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about! Go troll somewhere else.

I’m pretty sure I mentioned Portland, but if you needed to scream it in all caps then go for it. Oregon is a state with enough economy and infrastructure across other communities that you can live in the state and never go into Portland unless you need to fly in or out the airport. So I would hardly try to justify Organ as a Sh**hole just because of one city. My dads truck was stolen twice, my neighbor was shot in the head in his driveway, and some guy dumped an entire 30 round magazine for an AR-15 just four houses down from mine. And I live in a nice area of ABQ. So I’ll take my chances elsewhere.

That's the point. Most big metro areas have the biggest problems, even in good 'ol states like OK, TX, and FL.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about all that. Albuquerque is dump plane n simple. I wouldn’t live there for free! I don’t blame you one bit for leaving. Like I said I’m looking into it too. I’m just not swapping one blue state clown show for another.
Just wondering are you blaming the AR with the 30 round mag?
Or the ass hat that was behind it?
Almost sounds like your advocating for stricter gun laws n siding with the left wing commi’s

N I still don’t see where you mentioned PORTLAND..

Fact, eh? You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about! Go troll somewhere else.
based of a lifetime of experience. Sorry you can’t handle facts. But you’re saying cows don’t compete for food with ungulates? 1 cow on public land is too many.

based of a lifetime of experience. Sorry you can’t handle facts. But you’re saying cows don’t compete for food with ungulates? 1 cow on public land is too many.
Here’s what you wrote:

“Public land ranchers are no friends of wildlife. Fact.”

Stating an opinion and calling it a fact is what I was commenting on. In the area I’m from, ranchers are good stewards of both the land and the wildlife.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about all that. Albuquerque is dump plane n simple. I wouldn’t live there for free! I don’t blame you one bit for leaving. Like I said I’m looking into it too. I’m just not swapping one blue state clown show for another.
Just wondering are you blaming the AR with the 30 round mag?
Or the ass hat that was behind it?
Almost sounds like your advocating for stricter gun laws n siding with the left wing commi’s

N I still don’t see where you mentioned PORTLAND..
No no no I am not blaming the AR-15 just as I don’t blame the Fentanyl, both items cause harm only when used in illegal or unlawful manners. I was just stating what happens in my neighborhood. I grew up here in this neighborhood before I left for the service. I’ve been back in my old neighborhood to be closer to my folks for some years now and it sucks seeing the way things are here now versus when I grew up here. Please don’t mistake me for a far left type, though I am not a conservative either.
I am just saying that you can’t judge an entire state by one city. There are plenty of places for conservatives besides eastern Oregon. In my situation my son has been under the care of a pulmonologist and cardiologist appointments for both these treatments took about six months to get which I find unexceptable. Plus my folks are older and need good healthcare as well. Oregon has a great healthcare system so that’s a major plus. Also I’ll never miss a deer or elk season ever again! Sure they don’t have a Gila but I can’t even draw GMU 53 1st archery elk anymore.

No no no I am not blaming the AR-15 just as I don’t blame the Fentanyl, both items cause harm only when used in illegal or unlawful manners. I was just stating what happens in my neighborhood. I grew up here in this neighborhood before I left for the service. I’ve been back in my old neighborhood to be closer to my folks for some years now and it sucks seeing the way things are here now versus when I grew up here. Please don’t mistake me for a far left type, though I am not a conservative either.
I am just saying that you can’t judge an entire state by one city. There are plenty of places for conservatives besides eastern Oregon. In my situation my son has been under the care of a pulmonologist and cardiologist appointments for both these treatments took about six months to get which I find unexceptable. Plus my folks are older and need good healthcare as well. Oregon has a great healthcare system so that’s a major plus. Also I’ll never miss a deer or elk season ever again! Sure they don’t have a Gila but I can’t even draw GMU 53 1st archery elk anymore.
Well good luck there man gotta be better than here

The word is out on what a POS our beloved state has become. I've heard it often as we travel on vacations. Several very successful families we know well are moving, don't want their kids raised here. Yet , the citizens of NM will continue to vote (D) . Just tonight as we hit the BBQ grill at our resort, couple cooking next to us who travel non-stop stated no more trips to NM . They were liberals from Washington. My heart breaks as I fear nothing in Santa Fe will change.

NM has a majority of ranchers/ farmers who are excellent and do great benefit to our wildlife, as in everything there are exceptions. Its similar to those who post on MM, most are excellent and then there are the exceptions aka SS.

Biological carrying capacity only comes into the equation when food resources are scarce in the winter. Social carrying capacities are wide ranging and have no known barriers. ?

When hunting is no longer allowed we no longer have a "need" for guns... This isn't about animals guys.
This is it! Call me a conspiracy theorist, but this is the push all along. It will accomplish more things along the way like further limiting people for being self sustaining, further creating an entire population of sheep totally reliant on gov. I mean be honest if SHTF the average hunter/outdoorsman is much more prepared than city dwelling urbanites.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom