Hunters be safe out there

Cass

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-12 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]I'm sure everyone around utah saw the insane lightning storm that rolled through last night. Me and my dad are hunting 22 over here in NV for archery deer and got stuck in it last night coming back to camp. Bad got worse and a bolt struck inbetween our 4 wheelers lockin me up completely, eyes rolled back neck snapped straight up and took my breathe away for quite a while. When i gathered myself i got off and turned to see my dad laying in the road infront of his quad. He got ejected off his wheeler. Ran up to him, he was gasping for air and yelpin "what happened" i told him i think we got hit and he had to get off the ground and back on his wheeler and we had to get back to camp asap. Wobbled and outa breathe he made it back even with his hads shaking and "on fire" as he described. Got him into the trailer, got his wet clothes off and into the truck. Called 911 and had them meet us with an ambulance on the charcoal ovens main dirt road. Long story short, in the ER till 1 am but he's ok other than pain in his hands and swelling in his forearms. You guys be safe out there, all hunters. Lightning is cool to look at but get off the mountain if possible if you see it.

Im posting this off my phone so its not in real detail. Will give more details when we get home

-Cass

Glad you Guys are OK Cass!

Damn near got me a few times!

We got an Owner,We got Moderators,Boy some of these MM'ers are Whiners

We got Warnings,We got Time-Outs,you can't Post a Damn thing once the Ball drops

Vroooooom,Vrooooooom,Vrooooooom I Love NASCAR

Wow, very spooky, I have also had issues in the past with lightning but luckily thus far not to that extent. Very glad to hear you are both safe and good thing you had your wits about you to help your father.

Couple of weeks back it hit my steel building, That was some loud bang rattled all the windows in the house, so I know it had to feel like a bomb going off hitting that close.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sounds exciting! Even after all that, I still wish I could be up there. I've been in my share of Lighting storms, but it never hit that close.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

Sounds like another Father & Son hunting in Northern Utah were also hit by Lightning

We got an Owner,We got Moderators,Boy some of these MM'ers are Whiners

We got Warnings,We got Time-Outs,you can't Post a Damn thing once the Ball drops

Vroooooom,Vrooooooom,Vrooooooom I Love NASCAR

Scary deal, could have been a lot worse. Glad all is well.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

The lightening ran me off the mountain tonight. It's fun to watch from a distance but scary to get caught in. I hope your dad's okay.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Just heard a 13 year old boy was struck up in weber county.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I nearly got hit the other night on my wheeler too. within 100 yards. Scary crap. I hope your dad is ok

Traditional >>>------->

Whoa! My son and I were in the same unit a few years back when lightning hit a rock outcropping just above us. We were also on quads heading to camp. Scary, scary stuff when it's so close it makes your hair stand up. Other than ears ringing for awhile, no injuries.
Hope you and dad are doing well. Sourkraut

Once you've had a close call or two, it ain't even fun to watch from a distance....especially when your in the mountains. I hate that crap, scares the crap right out of me since the couple of incidents I have had. If you see it comming, don't think your the exception, get out of dodge.

Cass,

Glad that you are safe.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

We were in Huntington canyon when a big rain came and started washing off the hillside from the Seeley Mt. fire. It was awesome to watch the black mud coming off the hill, but dangerous so we got out, only to find out that car sized boulders followed the mud on to the road. Mother nature knows how to flex her muscles when she wants. +1 on keeping safe everybody! No trophy is worth a hunter's life.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom