hunters ed number

S

southmountain

I lost my card and cannot find the number. I had it recorded hard copy and on my PC. Now having moved a couple times and the PC crashed I do not have my number. Can I call DOW or whatever we call it now and get the number from them? I will get a replacement card ASAP but cannot do that before draw deadline because of work. Please if anyone knows how to just get the number to put on my online app let me know.
Thanks
Dave

Not sure if everyone has it, but mine is printed on my old licenses in the lower right hand corner. Also if you take the card itself into the parks and wildlife office they can "verify" your card and number and keep it on file. Hope your lucky enough to find it on your lic.

Not sure where or who to call however.

Mine came up automatically since I applied online last year. It is also on last years license if you have one as Elks96 pointed out. Otherwise, you'll have to get in touch with CPW on Monday.

I did not have a license last year I only got points as I did not draw and mine never comes up automatically even though I apply online every year. My son is looking for his card and min number is only a digit off from his maybe I will have some luck.
Thanks guys !!

We had this issue on my buddies app a couple years ago. We ended up having to fake the number. It worked just fine. It's not like there's a data base of hunter ed numbers.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

>We had this issue on my
>buddies app a couple years
>ago. We ended up having
>to fake the number. It
>worked just fine. It's not
>like there's a data base
>of hunter ed numbers.
>
>
>
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Colorado Parks and Wildlife need to take a close look at above post! Faking Hunter Education Card numbers, on an application, should be a crime.

Copy sent to CP&W.

ahhhh, s##T. now its started....
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I have used the wrong number on accident before and still got a point. I don't think the number you enter matters that much.

If you are like me, you have a copy of last years application. As stated earlier, it should be on that print out

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-14 AT 07:36PM (MST)[p]

>>
>
>Colorado Parks and Wildlife need to
>take a close look at
>above post! Faking
>Hunter Education Card numbers, on
>an application, should be a
>crime.
>
>Copy sent to CP&W.

Good to know we have a hall monitor watching out for us! Yes, technically you are in the right. But we are not talking about someone who doesn't have a H.E. card and is saying he does. He just needs to get his application in and can't find his card. If he knows what it is within one number, I don't see anything wrong with him guessing about the number for the app. He has to have the card ON HIS PERSON to hunt next fall, so the parks and wildlife reg is satisfied. HE HAS ONE, that is the important thing.

Should your application be thrown out if one year you put the wrong number for yours? I haven't missed an application in 25 years and they don't save my number. I have to look it up every year. And in Texas, it is not any special number. Mine is 0085. The reason it is that is that I was the 85 person that particular instructor taught. I am sure there is another guy in Texas with the exact same number that was taught by a different instructor.

The computer keeps track of every other name and number we have, why don't they keep that one?

By the way, you are breaking the rules of this website. You are supposed to put your city in your profile. Leaving it off is against the policies of registration. You can disable your profile so no one can see your name and town if you want, but you have to put them when you register. Just figured you would want to correct that.

By the way, what exactly is rockart?

Again, thanks so much for watching out for us. :)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thanks Tex ! Hall monitor dude get a life! No really get a life! Nanny nanny boo boo Im telling!I bet you were one of those who took the ball and went home went you got your butt touched in touch football
I will try to get by Ft Collins Dow office Tuesday as well as call them from the road tomorrow.

>
>Colorado Parks and Wildlife need to
>take a close look at
>above post! Faking
>Hunter Education Card numbers, on
>an application, should be a
>crime.
>
>Copy sent to CP&W.

It is illegal to HUNT without proof of hunter ed not apply for a license you douche! You can apply then get your hunter ed over the summer and be perfectly legal as long you have it when you go hunting.

Posts like yours are what I would refer to as the POA, pussification of America. Nobody can mind their own business and just love to be the little do-gooder that brings someone down no matter what the crime.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

When I got my hunter ed card back in the day they didn't even have numbers on them... I just put down a county code.... been checked several times by wardens and have had no problems at all.-Hatrick

Actually B2H, before you call people names, you should do your homework. Please see below, taken directly from the regs.

Hunter Education (Saftey) Requirements
Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1949, must have completed an approved hunter education course sanctioned by a state or province before applying for or purchasing a license.

Have a nice day!

I just looked at my 2013 License/deer tag and there is NO NUMBER in the bottom part of license. Then I remembered that the above rule posted by "forkedhorn" applied to me and has always been that way.
I did retake the test here 28 years ago when I took my 2 nephews to the class as I did not have one. I took the course way back in 1954, the year they started it here in CA and somewhere over the years it was lost. I do have one but do not need it.

The one I have has a Blue sticker/stamp on it with a price of $2.00

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Young deer,

We all agree that one must have a Hunters Safety card, the question is how to remedy having lost the numbers just before the application deadline.

>Young deer,
>
>We all agree that one must
>have a Hunters Safety card,
>the question is how to
>remedy having lost the numbers
>just before the application deadline.
>

As you state, before the application deadline. Some have suggest lying and figuring it out later.

For anyone watching, do yourself a favor. When you actually have your HS card in hand, stop by the nearest CPW office(when convenient) and have the HS Card Certified. It will then be kept in the CPW records and you don't have to carry it with you during your hunts.

The lady at the Brush office was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. She gave me the number in a matter of 2 minutes and I am good to go. Unit 61 deer here I come !!!!!!!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom