Hunters rights on public lands

m_freeman

does anyone know of a *single issue* political org that works on behalf of hunters rights on public lands? The single issue being:" public lands and hunters rights." is there such an organization?

R: Hunters rights on public lands

Good Question. The only one that i can think that we should have in all cases is the right to some type access. It is our lands. Other than that, the controlling agency seems to make the rules, with public input which they generally ignore, as they see fit .

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

RE: R: Hunters rights on public lands

It doesn't matter. You can do whatever you want on public land. Blow up an old tv. Dump your mattress. Throw out the garbage. Blaze a new road. Burn pallets. Drain your oil pan. Leave 100 shotgun shells strewn about. Abandon the car that won't start. The possibilities are endless!

The Wildlife Legislative Fund of America used to keep an eye out for sportsmen and public lands. I believe they have morphed into the US Sportsmen's Alliance (USSA). I haven't been involved with them for awhile, but lately I am interested in revisiting this outfit. At one time I believed they did a better job than NRA in representing sportsmen's interests.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-13 AT 01:32AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the responses, there are some big issues coming down the pipeline at us and we have some now as well. Where I live we just lost approximately 16,00 acres of excellent hunting public lands to the wind turbines, and many more to go. Not one hunter other than I showed up for the hearings. Then of course there is the access issue, I have a few ideas on that...I checked on that USSA, at first look they seem somewhat like what I am looking for if they include land use in their activity.

USSA deals more with fighting the anti-hunting fraternity. It amazes me how this organization is not more well-known.

As far as you being the only hunter showing up at the meeting doesn't surprise me at all. Hunters only care after something is gone. Not before. Simply amazing.

Hunters are much too busy worrying about what someone else killed and how much they spent than their own hunting future. Also amazing.

RE: R: Hunters rights on public lands

>It doesn't matter. You can do
>whatever you want on public
>land. Blow up an old
>tv. Dump your mattress. Throw
>out the garbage. Blaze a
>new road. Burn pallets. Drain
>your oil pan. Leave 100
>shotgun shells strewn about. Abandon
>the car that won't start.
>The possibilities are endless!

Ain't that about the Sad Truth!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom