Hunters safety, will be interesting

hossblur

Long Time Member
Had my boy signed up to start last week, then the Wuhan struck.

Anyone doing it now? How's the field day video going?

I wanted him to do the class, listening to a smart guy is better than dumb dad And a computer.

Hoss, your selling yourself short. Get it done how ever you can right now. Don't want to miss out on any chance of applying for tags!!!

Hopefully Dad Has Done His Job with Jr & Gun Safety!

You Can't be too Safe!

If all would be willing to Talk We've all Got Stories that Prove We shoulda been Safer!

Hoss just show them all the bad things that can happen. Climbing a fence with a loaded gun, driving with a loaded gun, shooting an apple off your brothers head, like Elks said you can never be to safe. You can get through the online corse, than take him out for a heck of a field day.

Got my future, God I can't believe I'm say this, daughter in law asking for help to complete a hunters safety program. She missed the Colorado draw thinking she needed a hunters safety and now is behind the 8 ball for Colorado. Told her to get what she can that in Colorado and Wyoming they offer a hunters mentor program exempting them from hunters safety. So she is pumped looking for a legitimate opportunity to harvest a critter.

Had my boy signed up to start last week, then the Wuhan struck.

Anyone doing it now? How's the field day video going?

I wanted him to do the class, listening to a smart guy is better than dumb dad And a computer.

Show your boy what a .243 does to a water jug at 150 yds.

Help him appreciate the power a bullet can deliver. They usually don't show that in hunter's safety...

I got a picture of what happens when you use a shotgun as a cane to get out of a duck blind and it goes off. Let me Know if u want that for safety training purposes

My hunter safety teacher had shot his own arm off with a 12 gage when he was 19 jumping out of a truck trying to get under some honkers.

Me and him got along good cause I too had accidentally shot myself a couple of months before I took hunter safety.

Never point your gun at anything you do not want to shoot.

My oldest took the actual class 5 years ago.

I think that's better for a kid.

We started online last night. So I guess we we see.

My teacher 34yrs ago had a kid come up and show proper gun handling. Teacher put a blank in the rifle. Of course the kid didn't check it when handed to him and BOOM!!

I remember that plain as day.

I took my kids through a five evening class and 1 day shooting and field trial day with conseration officers. I watched my kids soak in the importance of gun handling and safety. I actually really enjoyed it myself, and I have been called Called out in the field by my daughters for doing something stupid, so I know they got a lot out of the classes. Well Hoss it’s all going to go on line anyway and those classes are gone. I would make fun with it and have your own field day, crossing fences with loaded rifles, shooting a watermelon with a shotgun to show the damage and just a great day of gun handling with the kids.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom