Huntin Fool service

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-16 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]Oftentimes I see people come here and ask if Huntin Fool is worth it, which magazine to get, etc. I thought I'd pass on my 1st hand review of their service that was a little annoying to me.

I've been a member for probably 8 years. For $100, it sure is nice to have a good quick reference for state deadlines, changes in the regulations, etc. $100 aint bad for that and is a pretty good cost tradeoff for me. But, they do advertise that it's more than a magazine. They advertise all these other services, so if they're going to advertise them, why not take them up on it?

I called the Huntin Fool to speak with a consultant on 1/26. That's coming up on 2 weeks ago folks. Sweet lady answers the phone and says that the consultants are busy on the phone and she'll add my phone to the "message board" whatever that is. Takes down my name and number. I was cool with that because after all, the Wyoming elk deadline was looming as well as Arizona. But a call back within 2 weeks seems like ample enough time to give someone a return jingle. Sure my message could've gotten lost in the shuffle, but the "message board" made me think there was method to the madness. I hate to keep calling back and being a pain in the a. I'm on the phone 24/7 with my job, so I know what it's like. I'm a CPA, and if a client called me and I didn't return the call for 2 weeks, I probably wouldn't have a client anymore. Different scenario and different $$'s, I know.

But like I said, for $100, what do you expect? But maybe they shouldn't hype up all the services they offer if they can't fulfill them because they're creating false expectations. Watch the intro to their tv show and you'll see all these services I mention.

I still say it's worth the $100 I pay them and I'll keep it, but the service isn't what it used to be. And if I needed some raffle tickets or had a question on a raffle hunt, I bet I'd gotten a return call already. Obviously there was good and bad with former management, but I miss Jason and the crew. They always made the time to chat.

My rant is over and I'm sick, so my nerves could be a bit on the short end anyway - just my $.02 ...!!

I do think that they have commercialized their operation. It is now about ads, hunt raffles and pushing guiding hunts. If you look at a the magazines since the Carters left it has changed drastically and not for the good IMHO. All of the photos used to be DIY. Now they are all guide photos. Most of the stories used to be DIY, now they are all guided stories.

I believed the glue of the past fool was Jason and Adam. I have exchanged emails with Jason since he left and he still offered to help me. It is clear that the business model has changed and in my opinion not for the better. I will not renew next year. I enjoyed all the DIY stuff and now that is gone.

Rich

I dont know if this is still true but I know a couple or a few years ago they changed their service prices in that you had to pay $200 a year to get the upgraded service of on phone consultations. Their reasoning was something like "we would love to talk hunting all day with our customers but it's not cost efficient.

If that is still the case, their should of still called you and told you this.

As far as you saying well it's only $100! I would still be raising cane!
I don't care how much or how little I pay for something if I don't receive what I'm paying for shame on them, and I will be it to their attention.

Thanks for posting this
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Muley,
I called them last week regarding a outfitter and the consultant wasn't in but he did return my call the very next morning. Maybe it was just a mistake I have had pretty good luck getting ahold of them.
On a side note they referred me to a outfitter when I called his wife said he was dealing with the snow from a storm they where having but he would get back to me it has been 6 days and no call. Needless to say I will not be considering that outfitter.

In the time you have been waiting for a call back they cold called me asking me to sign up again. I didn't for many of the reasons mentioned in this thread.

If Hunting and Angling Ended
There is no alternative funding system
in place to replace the potential lost
funds for conservation. If hunting and
angling end, funding for wildlife
conservation, including enforcement of
all wildlife laws, will be jeopardized.
Hunters, anglers and shooters actively
support wildlife conservation through
tangible actions such as buying licenses
and paying taxes on hunting, fishing and
shooting equipment. Why are hunters and
anglers so willing to support
conservation through their pocketbooks?
Because people place added value on ?
and are willing to pay for ? what they
can use.

Ive had pretty good dealings with them in the past when Ive called. My favorite part of their service is when Ive drawn premium tags and asked for a list of people who have hunted it previously. Ive had really good results and made some great friends too !

I recently saw that it's now an investment company that owns The Huntin' Fool. http://www.uniquepartners.com/

I'm sure their goal is to grow the business and increase value. Maybe business is growing like mad and they're having a hard time keeping up with calls.

Seems I read somewhere that they're expanding to world wide stuff? Hunts, etc.?? I've never used their service and have gotten the magazines for the last year, but I don't think I've taken any out of the plastic yet. I just don't look at it.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

>I recently saw that it's now
>an investment company that owns
>The Huntin' Fool. http://www.uniquepartners.com/
>
>I'm sure their goal is to
>grow the business and increase
>value. Maybe business is growing
>like mad and they're having
>a hard time keeping up
>with calls.
>
>Seems I read somewhere that they're
>expanding to world wide stuff?
>Hunts, etc.?? I've never used
>their service and have gotten
>the magazines for the last
>year, but I don't think
>I've taken any out of
>the plastic yet. I just
>don't look at it.
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

So?

When You get Your New PLAYBOY You Don't ever Open it?:D

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

They make a lot of their money from applying everyone for the same 25 elk tags in Arizona.
Sorry, but its true, the odds are so bad!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom