HUNTING ALTA SKI RESORT!!

A

ANTLERPINNACLE

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE EXACT BOUNDARIES ARE ON THESE SKI RESORTS SO WE CAN HUNT LEGALLY. IT IS NOT DEFINED VERY WELL IN THE PROC! TOWNSHIP AND ACTUAL TOWN BOUNDARIES ARE WAY DIFFERENT. NO ONE AT THE FOREST OR DWR SEEMS TO KNOW??? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

I talked to Jorge the "town marshall" and he told me its the town boundaries not the township. The town boundaries covers the whole ski area, but the northside of the canyon behind Alta Central is open to hunting.

If you want to hunt up there next year, stop by Alta Central and they can dig out the acutal map that has the exact boundaries on it.

Right now there is 27 - 30" base up there. I can virtually gaurrantee that there aren't any critters up there right now. Down below snowbird for sure, but not up high behind Alta and Grissley Gultch.

Cheers,
Pete

Antlerpinnacle,
At the start of bow season a buddy and I drove up past the town and you hit a little station. The lady there was great and gave us a map with highlighted areas. We drove around a little and returned the map as we left. I wish I could tell you exactly where, my memory sucks. Anyways try to see if someone is at the station or not because I know that she knew the boundaries. Good luck! Cabo

ps. Good job on turning in those videos I read about on a different post. I live right by corner canyon and see those guys driving around in the evenings but haven't gotten any plate numbers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom