hunting area 89,34

B

bake

going on a drop camp this year for muley's. Outfitter has first choice 89, second 34, and third region D. Any thoughts on these areas. I have been doing some research, area 89 seems to have good trophy potential. Area 34 was not rated so good. I am hoping for a 160" or better. I don't know if I am dreaming or not. I am going opening week, since I am also going for Pronghorn.

Unit 89 was a CWD unit a few years ago, better check it out closer or at least I would. It still is as I looked at this years reg book and lots of Private land too. Guide/Outfitter I would guess has hunting rights out there.

Good luck on the draws this year.

Brian

Keep looking to the south and you might see me waving at you from 87 . It can get pretty interesting around there by the middle of Oct. Is this your first trip to WY??

Yes it is my first trip. I am from Ontario Canada. My brother inlaw is going as well. He went in 06 for Pronghorns area 72. I have been pumped for 2yrs now. Any other suggestions would be great.

Are you planning on archery hunting?? IIRC antelope in 72 is mid Sept. but gun for deer is mid Oct. in 89 if they have not changed it??? Are you hunting out of town each day?? or staying out??

I am gun hunting both animals. Hopefully I can get a Pronghorn Monday or Tuesday, then deer opens on Wednesday. If we draw 89 then the camp will be set up in that area. I have 2pts for both animals. I went special for deer and reg for pronghorn since it was 100% last year with one point.
The outfitter says we should see 20-30 bucks aday, we just have to be patient if we are after 160 or better.

It sounds like you are set up pretty good! Good luck, and don't forget to wave back if you see me south of you :)

Chances of you drawing either of those areas is slim to none unless you have accumalated some preference points.

160 deer in area 89 few and far between, same with 34....87 is much better for trophy opportunities.

I sure envy you having an antelope season that long. I checked on it and it was through Oct. 22. Man I get two weeks in the area I chase goats in. They sure should be calmed back down from the initial whoop la of opening week by then. Can I ask what outfitter you are going with??

I have 2 points for both animals. The Outfitter got 4 deer out of 89 180"plus. Last year it was around 89% with 1 point last years for special draw in area 89. I guess I will have to wait until July to see.
Thanks

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom