Hunting Boots

joesikora

Long Time Member
Hi all, have any of you heard of these boots the lower remind me of my no longer made Danner Pronghorn non insulate! The price are a little on the top ones but I’m sure you can shop that price down. If I can find a pair of the light weight ones I’m buying. Also Im only buying from companies that are at least 200 years old LOL!
picture05342-edit_1.jpg
picture05350-edit_1.jpg
picture05367-edit_1.jpg
picture05354-edit_1.jpg
picture05369-edit_1.jpg
picture05377-edit_1.jpg

MEINDL​

Dovre GT​

1627358790066.png

Zamberlan Lynx GTX, they have been fantastic for me… I used to love Danner 20 yrs ago, but since then they’ve been sub par…

Those are China garbage….not real meindls. If you only wear them a few weekends a year I guess they would suffice? I wear my boots every day.

Those are China garbage….not real meindls. If you only wear them a few weekends a year I guess they would suffice? I wear my boots every day.
I did find them under the Cabelas’ flag online but weren’t available online so don’t know if their discontinued

I liked the original Perfekt Hikers that Meindl made for Cabelas and I still have a pair for when I need something waterproof but I don’t think they still make them.

I recently bought the Meindl Comfort Fit Extremes and I really like them. Two of my good buddies also run Meindl boots and have for years and swear by them.

Joe, google Meindl USA and go to their website. There you’ll see the good stuff. I’m not sure if cabelas still carries the China made meindl or not but they just aren’t the same?

Where and what time of year are you hunting? Are you going to use and abuse your boots or just occasionally wear them?

I've never been a fan of tall boots. Some guys need the additional ankle support so if that's the case I understand. The only time I wear tall boots is when there is lots of snow. Tall boots are obviously heavier, stiffer, and will be hotter in warm weather. It's a lot tougher to stalk quietly in tall, stiff boots.

I tend to use and abuse boots. I can pretty much guarantee the boots in the photo will likely come apart if they get wet at the seams. All leather almost always outlasts boots with lots of seams. Taller, rubber rand on the front will also outlast a rand with seams. If you don't wear the boots much in wet conditions they may be ok?

Hey Jim’s! I had the Danner Pronghorn Non Insulate, but don’t make anymore I guess. I like those because my feet dont really get cold I just want them dry! Their great for when I’m unloading my boat for duck hunting the height was high enough my feet didn’t get wet and it was nice when I was power washing stuff my feet were always dry plus they were just awesome boots light weight never needed to break them in I just put them on and I was off and running! The pair I had were stolen. Now when and if it gets really cold for around here I wear my Rocky boots with 400 grams of thinsulate. They only got hot on me after duck hunting and about the 2nd or 3rd hour at the salon after the hunting LOL!

Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom