Hunting by Ski Spache for Elk

efnm

My kid has a youth encouragement hunt in 36 and we're trying to tag out his first big game. I can not see a boundary on land ownership files or topos for the Ski Apache area in regards to no hunting.

Are there fences there, because it appears most of it is on national forest north of the reservation.

Be very careful, part of the ski resort IS on tribal land. If you shoot one on it your weekend will be ruined very fast. No fences or markers, you need a gps.

Thanks. I ran into a guide during an elk hunt a few years back and he mentioned hunting up there which blew my mind.

I don't ski, but the idea of hunting there makes me really uncomfortable and that's ignoring the thought of trespassing on the rez.

Everything? south of ski lift is public. Part of ski lift is on forest some huntable some not. Better suited for archery since not as many people up there and no snow.

It would be my last choice of places to go for a cow. Can be lots of snow up there come late November

If it did snow up there during your hunt the tourists will be flocking up the skinny twisting ski run road to ski causing a mess . One person gets stuck sideways in the road and that road turns into a big parking lot !!

Agree in Nov better off finding them lower. It would be miserable if she ran down some of those canyons after being shot to get her out in Nov. Lots of dead fall and some canyons are 1600' to the bottom.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom