Hunting camp practical jokes

M

MrBaitnFish

What are some good practical jokes you guys have used on hunting/camping trips?

I have a buddy I used to work with, that I would be to paranoid to camp with, after some of the stunts he and his dad pull on each other. One that I can think of off hand is they sabotage each others guns by cranking the scope adjustments. I think that would be a hanging offense if that happened to me, but they sure think it's funny when they watch the other miss by a mile. I'm not talking about slightly moving point of impact, they crank the suckers all the way so it's a sure miss.

I took a toy rubber snake to africa. That one got a lot of mileage. I think there was a thread on camp jokes about a year ago. Anybody have any good ones?

Put a dead human corpse in your buddies sleeping bag when he's not looking. That will get a reaction!!

A "buddy" once put a stink beetle into my sleeping bag. a big, shiny, live, black stink bug.. scared the living out of me. I pounded and squashed that beetle for five minutes with my boot heel, until it was just a smear in the ground.. he laughed and laughed, and it was only ten or fifteen years later that I realized it was him that did it, and not a naturally occurring incident.. Next time I see him I am going to pop him.

I do not think anything to do with firearm functioning is a practical joke, it is a good reason not to hunt with idiots. even taking powder out of a bullet is not funny cause the lodged bullet can result in barrel explosions in the heat of the hunt.

Of course, now, cutting the line on a buddies big fish is OK, although it has proved to be a good way to fall overboard later.

Jameister

I made a nice looking cutout of a black bear one spring and let some guys try a stalk on it.

Killed a rat and tied it to the steering wheel of a buddies truck so it looked like it was driving.

Stole the bolt out of a guys rifle and then started shouting "moose..moose!" watched him try to jack a round into his rifle and look for the moose at the same time.

some guys picked up a set of moose antlers, tied them up in the bushes across the river from camp and tried to get me to shoot them.

Its a big thing around our elk camp to do a little hazing. Things like saturate guys underwear and extra clothes even diaphrams with elk urine. Droppings in their sleeping bags.
A few years ago someone found a stick that looked like a penis. Now when someone doses off, we stick the penis look a like in their mouth and take pictures with the digital camera. Always good for laughs after the season.
sneakem

Had a buddy loosen the brackets on a folding toilet stool at elk camp and I ended up sitting in a new pile. It was kinda warm though but that shower in 30 degrees was a different story. I am still paying him back and he usually has a few bruises to prove it.

We had a guy in camp who had to have pancakes with raspberry syrup every morning. One morning we substituted his raspberry syrup with Power Punch, which is a chainsaw oil/additive. Looks and pours just like raspberry syrup. Man was he surprised with that first bite!

I came on a camp in a well travelled location where there was a very small "campground" (meaning sign naming it and a latrine). It was 5 miles back on dirt roads in the woods. A trailer camp had set up. The guy took a 2 x 2 fence stake. He mounted to it a pipe running it's length that headed off with a hose bib. He staked it in the ground and put an entire hose rolled out in front of it, conected to the bib.

Guys would come up and say "hey can we get some water" he's say help yourself they'd come up with their water containers, they'd roll the fawcet open and nothing, look confused... then the guy would say hang on hang on, lets try.... OVER HERE! and he'd pull the stake out of the ground walk 5 feet and slam it back in the earth and say, there ya go give that a shot....

Probably lots of em but the one I can think of now is We were sitting at the fire just got done hanging our 2 elk. Time to celebrate. The old man pulls out a bottle of Crown Royal. I open it up & take a big swig. He is looking at me & sez what's wrong? cuz I have a funny look on my face. I said here try this. He takes a swig. Well it wasn't crown. He had got the bottle from his girlfriend who had got it as a gift from some asians. The cheapos put apple juice in it. I guess at least it wasn't piss. We had some back up but it wasn't Crown, I think it was John Barr.

I was waiting for you to say it was piss. Back in High School we used to piss in guys beers. When they were hammered they couldn't even tell. We told one guy and he didn't even believe us, just thought we wanted his beer & kept on drinking.

Skin the nut sack off of your buddy's deer. Tell him "I'm making sandwiches ,you want one?" Then turn the sack inside out and put it in a sandwich with all the fixens. You and your buddy's can watch him tug and tug with his teeth, trying to break off a piece.

We have a Sasquatch mask which has gotten alot of mileage in the last 10 years with some pretty hilarious results around the hunting camp, you just want to make sure no one has there rifle handy...lol.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-05 AT 02:04PM (MST)[p]I streched plastic rap over the toilet bowl at my buddies house during one of his famous parties when we were young and single. The girl that went first sure didn't think it was very funny...She peed on the back of her pants....I still crack up when I think about it...Sorry it wasn't a hunting camp prank..I did once however stick a deer leg in my brother inlaws sleeping bag.....Rear leg with the tarsel gland...

Kingfish, Plastic wrap works good. Another one is to take a bunch of ice cubes and clear jello (pectin?). Then stir it in the toilet and let it set up. Looks like regular toilet bowl water but it doesn't flush it just overflows.

The best toilet trick I've ever done is take two ketchup packets, fold them in half which makes them tight and ready to pop. Set them under the toilet seat so that they are under the bump-stops make sure they are aiming inwards (folds to the outside). This trick will work 100% of the time on girls, because they always sit down. Even a 100 pound girl will blow those packets with extreme pressure, spraying ketchup all over her butt and toilet. The noise and the spray scares them bad. I did this one in College to some girls in their apartment, Wow, were they madder than I thought they would be.

Please try this for yourself and post the results here, so we can get a good laugh.

I would have to say the only prank that I can remember off the top of my head was actully done to our whole camp. A few friends and I were javelina hunting a few years ago and had been out all day. When we get back to camp I walk on through camp and take a leak about 20 yards on the other side. As I'm going I look around and see a javelina bedded down under a tree close by. So now I'm all waving and trying to get everyones attention. When I finally do I motion to the javelina and everyone is getting ready to open fire when we realize that it is dead. When we went over to it we found out that it had been shot and caped out leaving the hide attached. They deboned it and put the hide back over it and set it up like was bedded down. We didn't find out that it was one of our other friends for a couple months. Had us scrambling around there for a minute.

My favorite trick is with a pheasant head. After we shoot a bird you cut off its head and put it on a stick in a field right next to the road. If you have time pull down the road and watch. If not you can always come by later and count the skid marks.

One time we put an old mounted deer head
(somebody got it at a garage sale) up in a rock pile near a main road. We put it up Friday night before opening day. We never did see what happened. We checked back about noon on opening day and it was gone!

We have done something very similar to sneakem's deal. The first guy to pass out drunk (usually the new guy)around the fire gets some nice picture to take home of 8 real penis's staring him in the face. Another fun one is to grab a guy out of his tent (usually the first gut to get an animal) in the middle of the night and throw him into the creek. The water is around 34?F-38?F. Also try putting a set of deer balls on your buddys radiator. Yummy. One of my favorites was when my cousin brought a set of Sasquatch feet that he made out of fiberglass with a pair of tennis shoes in them. He would wait until the middle of the morning and take a stroll through all of the neighboring camps.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

I have been involved in a few pranks. The first one was after me and my brothers shot a few pheasants. We peeled the breasts out of them and took the legs, then we put a stick up the neck so it looks like it has its head up, then stuff it full of weeds and use a small stick to pin the breast back together. Put them together just off the road. When we came back they had all been blown up. Feathers Everywere!! My buddy took the head and neck of a small buck he shot and set it up with sticks in its neck about 100 yards off the road in some brush. It was about 300 yards from our camp. We heard a few people shoot at it. A buddy of mine who guides a lot of people told me that when they get ready for bed he tells his clients to have a good night and gives them a good night kiss on the cheek. This way he can go to sleep first and does not have to listen to them snore.

Like Polar bear I had a guest on an Alaska trip and he got drunk and obnoxious. He was a client and not a freind. He shot his mouth off and then passed out snoring with his mouth open. I got some warm water in a cup and had this guys best customer pull his weenie out and straddle his head. Poured that warm water in his mouth and took a picture of his face lookin' up at that thing. He wasn't too happy. Quit drinkin' in camp though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom