Hunting camp

dieseldog

What are some of those things that you have to take along for a weeks hunt either to use for hunting or for the camping part of it to make it more pleasurable. I'll start one thing i have to have is a piece of carpet to put below my cot so i have something soft to step on in the morning. Little Debby swiss cake rolls. NOthing says i will eat what i want for breakfast like Little Debby. Also gotta have smoked oysters for campfire desert.

After hunting it can get lonely in camp, it's nice to have some company..

1.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I'm a very boring camper (rarely make any kind of fire). I take only the barest of necessities....I truly spend every minute from 5:30 AM until 10 PM hunting or hiking....with a nap in the middle of the day 'cause I'm too old not to.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Ha ha REDDOG, I love that pic. I like to have some candy. Like GB22 I never use a fire while bivvy hunting. Usually by the time I get back to camp I'm so exhausted that all I wanna do is sleep. fatrooster.

Nice to have a couple of mules to pack in the essentials.
4add5a8737713217.jpg

Question; Is that blow up doll lighter than a Thermarest?

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

Coffee pot & Thermos's, Wild Turkey 101, home smoked jerkey, and my "Luggable Lou" (toilet seat on a 5 gallon bucket).

The best improvement I've made to camp recently is 5 4X4X12's and some 3/8 plywood cut to size to use as a floor in the tent. I have a 10X12 wooden floor now. My cots don't sink into the ground after a few days, the dinner table and chairs are nice and stable, no rocks or sticks under my bare feet and I don't have any mud come creeping in over the ground cloth when the weather gets bad. Adds about ten minutes to the setup time with the Makita. The plywood rides in the pick up bed under my other gear and I lash the 4X4's to the top of the Rhino. Well worth it. Am I getting old or what?

My wife is hotter than Tiffany's mother!

Peanuts and cashews. I don't spend much time in camp either and I can't remember the last time I had a fire while hunting. Also always take Hershey bars. And as I have gotten older, fiber bars of course. And if I am driving and not backpacking, I take my 22 pound slumberjack monster sleeping bag. But no blow up dolls, thanks anyway BUCKSNORT.

MMMMM Caymus, one of my favorite!!! now throw in some CakeBread cab, and that is a camp I would work with :)

YOu guys are all full of crap. Everyone of you talk about how hardcore of a hunter you are but not one of you even mentions that you bring a rifle or bow to camp. Its clear now than none of you actually hunt. ;)

Calif_Mike

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-09 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]>What are some of those things
>that you have to take
>along for a weeks hunt
>either to use for hunting
>or for the camping part
>of it to make it
>more pleasurable. I'll start
>one thing i have to
>have is a piece of
>carpet to put below my
>cot so i have something
>soft to step on in
>the morning. Little Debby
>swiss cake rolls. NOthing
>says i will eat what
>i want for breakfast like
>Little Debby. Also gotta
>have smoked oysters for campfire
>desert.

Sadley there are many guys that also cant leave home without their carpet but decide when its time to leave camp that they will just leave the carpet in the trees. I dont know how many times I've found rolls of carpet at a hunting camp. It sickens me! On the other hand a nice big bottle of Jagermiester has been finding its way on my hunting trips lately.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom