Hunting GPS Maps

smokepoler63

Has anyone out there in MM Land used the GPS chips produced by huntinggpsmaps.com? I hunt most western states and have had many occasions when a land ownership chip in my GPS would have been ideal. I have been to their website and read the testimonials. Everything sounds great! I just wanted to get some insight from the MM faithful about this product before I take the leap and purchase one of their chips for my GPS.

Please share all thoughts, positive or negative, about this product. Thanks in advance, Smokepoler63

they have worked great for me in oregon and wyoming...they are super ideal when hunting in areas where private is unmarked or a checker board of private and public...i would recommend purchasing one especially for hunting unfamiliar areas...

I've used the download version for Wyoming and would highly recommend it. It worked awesome, had great detail, and kept us out of trouble when we were out hunting. I personally thought the download version would be the better option because of being able to view it easily in Garmin Basecamp on my computer without having to have the GPS unit with me.

well worth the hundred bucks!! it beats having carry around a stack of maps, and are pretty accurate from what i have seen.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-12 AT 06:21AM (MST)[p]I give GPS Maps a thumbs up. Bought Iowa & Wisconsin for deer & turkey hunts this year and both helped me out constantly while scouting and hunting.

Not sure why so many bother with the chips. I downloaded mine and use in conjunction with Basecamp. Very handy for scouting.

I am frugal spending money on hunting stuff, but consider the coin I spent on my GPS Maps well worth it! No doubt.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

We bought one and used it in Colorado this year and it worked great. Handy to have in area's that are checker boarded with public and private.

In fact for Colorado hunting its probably the best investement I have made in going on my 8th year of living here.

Good luck,

Todd

Probably the best money you can invest on your next hunt. I have every western state and they have made a huge difference in my hunting success.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Thanks for all the feedback. All very positive like I expected. I've got the GPS. I'll be adding some HuntingGPSMaps chips/downloads to my Christmas wish list.

Thanks again, Smokepoler63

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom