Hunting on Ski Areas

C

cards81

Does anybody know if you can hunt on ski areas that are on national forest land if the ski season is not open?

That is cool, I always thought those were off limits. Learn something new every day!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Just have to make sure you have legal access to NF and aren't accessing through private land (developments/ski resorts etc).

Will they let you bring your animal of the mountain draped across the back of the chair lift or drag it into a gondola? I would even pay for a lift ticket.

Back to the access issue. As a resort employee during the winter I will tell you this. It is illegal to enter or exit a ski area (CO Law) unless through an approved backcountry access gate, and even then you would need a lift ticket otherwise it is trespassing. Now in the summer and fall when you obviously aren't committing "theft of services" by skiing, snowboarding, etc., then it may be different. I don't know Much about summer ops, but in the winter people are constantly skinning uphill or entering and exiting wherever they want and we have explain that just because it is Nat. forest doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want, the land is leased from the forest service and the ski area can implement their own rules and regs. Like I said, I don't know much about summer operations and I'm sure some ski areas are different. I would definitely check with the forest service before venturing inbounds at a ski area though.

On another note, if you could - it would be awesome! The runs are just long clearcuts with lush grass in the summer. I have always thought about that during the winter. Good luck!

What about during the summer months when many resorts open their lifts to Mt. Bikers. I know here in Cali many of the resorts are pen during the summer for Mt. Biking. I guess as long as you are not anywhere near ski/bike runs you should be ok. I have always wondered the same thing.

JR

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom