Hunting regulation question

Zarn

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-09 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]I am a non resident and have a few questions

In seaching the game and fish web site I can find no mention of legal fire arms pertaining to semi auto rifles and magazine capacity used for big game (antelope). I have a semi auto .308 and want to make sure I am legal.

Another question I have pertains to predatory hunting namely Coyotes and Foxes. Is any legal weapon OK to use? I have an AR-15 in Ruger .204 and would like to know If I have to use 5 round mags in it?

I also have a son who will be along for the trip and plans of Coyote calling with me, it appears he does not need a license but what about the hunter safety requirements as he was born after 1965. He has a certificate in Utah.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your son's certificate will be honored in Wyo.
Your weapons are legal in this State and we have no restrictions on clip cap. other than stated Big Game must be taken with a .243 or bigger caliber, for rifles.
Yotes and Red Foxes may be taken with any firearm as they are non-game and classified as predators, no license needed but a hunter safety course card from a State is required, to shoot anything in Wyoming if you are born after Jan. 1, 1966 unless you are on family land.

Rump

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom