Hunting Show -"Extreme Outer Limits" = FAIL!!

RE: I passed out...

Great western,

Go back and read. All this stemmed from red dog getting butt hurt because someone finally told him that his military shooting ego dream wasn't a logical reason to shoot animals. Then nvbighorn gets his panties in a twist over me stating its time to pass the law for wounded animals are a finished hunt. He even proclaimed wildly that it was unenforceable and stupid. He didn't realize almost the entire rest of the world live under this rule now and Alaska had started doing it for some species. My tail isn't getting ragged at all butt my hands are getting sore from backslapping blind kids.

^You doubting my comprehension, you blithering frikkin idiot? :)

Backslapping blind kids eh...heh, stupid is as stupid claims I see ;)

Do you have purpose to this thread? Care to ad to the topic? Are you just another Flopgun wannabe?

Why don't you ask the other fellas if insults work on me?

Until then waste all the time you want. At least you are reading and might learn something. :p

"Wildly proclaimed"
"stupid"
"Backslapping blind kids"

I said none of those things

you handed my butt to me? Get over yourself moron. All you proved is that you know nothing about the world beyond private land, high stands and game feeders. I asked you a question and you didnt answer it. I thought you had a wildlife degree. Is that why you're a taxidermist? Youre just a wannabe with a big mouth. And a big head. And you twist the truth and tell yourself youre a badass.

So, again, how many bucks does it take to breed 100 does? In a western state. Not Texas. Tell us all about the issues with my states deer herd. You probably cant even find it on a map.

Now Im gonna take a shower and wash the pigshit off me.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Purpose, Tardstate? YOU yapping about frikken PURPOSE?

Haha, that's rich...almost as good as "buildings full of computers analyzing downrange mousefarts", or the rest of the bullshit spray about long range shooting from a chump who was recently utterly mystified by "strange shots" out of a damn smoke pole...doh!

I wonder what it will make up next? :)

"So, again, how many bucks does it take to breed 100 does?"

You do realize this is a rigged question but I will go ahead and load your gun for you.

It only takes one but he won't do it.

I love how your ego decides you know everything about Texas and Texas mule deer but Texans can't know anything about your deer.

Now why don't you be a man when you get done with that shower you are taking with your sweetheart greatwestern and start answering my questions that I asked you.

By the way I think you are %100 full of chit.

Greatwestern you can make fun of my muzzleloader shooting all you want. It won't hurt because I don't pretend to know everything. It was one hellavu learning experience and I still ain't sure what I learned. :D If your wonderful black powder marksmanship is what makes you man amongst men you can have that title. I ain't going to fight you for it. Means about as much to me as a fashion show. Enjoy your shower with "bighorn".

NVBighorn said ... "You have no idea how the world turns in the west any more than I could tell you about Texas."

I never said I knew about Texas... but I must have struck a nerve.

1 buck to breed 100 does? Not exactly the direction I was heading. I was expecting more from a man of science such as yourself.

You seem to be a little worked up Primate. You feeling picked at?

Don't feel picked at. No exposed nerves.

You forget your comment about high fences and deer feeders.

So do you really believe a buck can't breed 100 doe.

Do you know why I know you are full of chit? Because you have been calling multiple female deer, "does".

Keep studying wildlife boy.

>Don't feel picked at. No
>exposed nerves.
>
>You forget your comment about high
>fences and deer feeders.
>
>So do you really believe a
>buck can't breed 100 doe.
>
>
>Do you know why I know
>you are full of chit?
> Because you have been
>calling multiple female deer, "does".
>
>
>Keep studying wildlife boy.

Who mentioned high fence? Maybe you should check your own reading comprehension. I said high stands. And are you gonna tell me deer feeders aren't a "thing" in Texas?

Let me rephrase the buck/doe ratio question. How many bucks per 100 does would a real life biologist, knowledgable about MULE deer in the WEST say was adequate for breeding?

Does vs doe
Main Entry:?doe?

Pronunciation:?\ˈdō\
Function:?noun
Inflected Form(s):?plural?does?doe
Etymology: Middle English?do,from Old English?dā;?akin to German dialect?tē?doe
Date: before 12th century

:? the adult female of various mammals (as a deer, rabbit, or kangaroo) of which the male is called buck

http://i.word.com/idictionary/doe

Try again Punkinhead

Now you want to rephrase. Anything else you want to add to the question? Maybe some other bs about deers and maybe even Shiras meese. :D

You ever going to answer any of my questions? I'll even let you use that Internet dictionary for banjo melons like you.

I told you by the way 1 is adequate. But he won't do it.

Now you can post any number you like. After all you have total knowledge of every breeding group and sub-species of an ungulate ranging over a million square miles. Now come on rephrase again.

Quick! Throw some bull$hit up so maybe nobody will see what an ass you are. Who the hell are you to teach me about the proper plural for doe. You Texans say "yall" and that isnt even a phuckin word.

Maybe you could repeat the questions you asked me. I was so busy sorting through your defensive smoke screen I forgot them. Or maybe you're busy eatin yer chittlins. Or stocking your feeder.

Give it up dumbass. You really have no clue about the deer in my state. So save it for another day.

You might try some aspercreme on those sore nerves.

In my opinion any shot over 450yds. is too far, and by too far I mean if you can't get any closer the animal wins... They deserve that! When shots are beyond 450 it is no longer hunting it's science and technology. C'mon guys it's called fair chase for a reason!

You Two gonna need a Room?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Sorry elk. No need. Littlehorn just hating having to go back to school.

How many does does those does have doze in a western state, Y'ALL?

Riddle me that Littlehorn!

:D

Much better odds than you using your legs to get close to a critter. Not as good odds as you blowing the tail off some poor critter at 1000 meters. About the same odds as littlehorn being a woman.

I wonder what age tristate had to start using the I don't care what most people think about me cause I'm an ahole defense. 8 of 10 people think I'm way off but I'm going to charge forward within my protected bubble built only by tri himself. I wish I had the ability to fool myself like tri does on a minute to minute basis. It's painfully obvious he doesn't care whether he's right or wrong or even respected in the least. If I had to guess it was the 3 rd grade he adopted his bubble mentality cause by then he had run everyone else off the playground with his I don't care attitude. Whatever got you thru the 3 rd grade tri isn't working anymore.

>Clouesmagnet,
>
>It's not a defense. I
>actually don't care. ?
>

Is that what you tell your psychiatrist?

Ok! Quit arguing....you're both pretty!
I can't believe I read the whole thread again.
BTW: my deer hunt went well too. My second to the youngest daughter killed the best buck in camp. He husband is a good "guide".
Zeke

>Great western,
>
>Go back and read. All
>this stemmed from red dog
>getting butt hurt because someone
>finally told him that his
>military shooting ego dream wasn't
>a logical reason to shoot
>animals. Then nvbighorn gets
>his panties in a twist
>over me stating its time
>to pass the law for
>wounded animals are a finished
>hunt. He even proclaimed
>wildly that it was unenforceable
>and stupid. He didn't
>realize almost the entire rest
>of the world live under
>this rule now and Alaska
>had started doing it for
>some species. My tail
>isn't getting ragged at all
>butt my hands are getting
>sore from backslapping blind kids.
>

You live in you're own little fairy tale world don't you? How do you enforce a wounded animal law?

This is one of those topics that hunters will never ever EVER agree on. The worst part is that they only divide the hunting community. Just look at what is been said between Tristate and a few others. No good boys and it's only going to get worse with the advent of new and so called better hunting technologies. I really can't see an end to all this bickering if hunting in general continues to advance in the direction of technology and away from the hunting heritage of the past.

Year after year longrange hunting continues to be one of if not the most heated topics that divides hunters. Like it or not it's basically a cancer and I really see no other solution other then having the state wildlife departments step in with regulations limiting shooting distances. IMO one of the best things that could happen to the hunting community today would be a country wide shooting limit of 400-500 yards put in place.

The exact same way night hunting laws are enforced. You think I'm kidding on the majority of the rest of the world having this law but I'm not. Do some homework before you join the trash talking jive around here. Get Alaska on the phone and ask them how they are enforcing it. Go ahead. I know its not as easy to actually learn as it is to talk trash on a forum but lets put some effort in your day.

i dont have strong opinions on the matter one way or another as long as guys practice, what the hell, like some said all hunters have different skill levels.. I dont shoot that far because i CAN get closer and know its a slam dunk when i do.... that said, i can see down the road where they could control this issue. they could have some seasons with no rangefinders or other do-dads to help in the range and wind. possibly fixed power scopes or maximum powered scopes, or even more muzzleloader hunts. 20 years from now they will probably have special controlled hunts for long range hunting! go ahead and laugh but i can see something like that down the road.

Travis

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-14 AT 10:49PM (MST)[p]LOL at the "draw blood you're done" crap, not that i dont agree with it, in a perfect world that would be how it is.

.As to the "world" embracing these rules, it boils down to the guys getting lead around by their dong by a PH in Africa and Asia (or some corn flung "ranch" in Tejas..Right up try-states alley..Hell he does that in the states where it aint even a requirement.

Other than that it is not enforceable, you cannot police ethics. Alaska has that rule in place, largly for brown bear and elk, in what,like 4 units?where ALL NR bear hunters are guided,by law, and most elk hunters by choice (try-state types).

Try-state, you live on another planet,but the humor is epic!

Tell us again how much you "dont care"..funny chit

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-14 AT 06:21AM (MST)[p]Spotlighting laws are enforceable. Boundary laws are enforceable. Alaska decided their law is enforceable. These laws are enforced in Europe and Asia. But somehow you have decided its not enforceable with your omniscience. Alaska didn't have that law just a few years ago and they have a lot smaller population density than where you live. Yet somehow they have decided its enforceable. It has nothing to do with ethics. It is game management, and I know that goes waaaay over your head.

Are you trying to say if it became a law you would not obey it? Is that your problem here dog? Is that your only measuring stick is whether they would be able to enforce it on YOU?

Good luck being a poacher.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-14
>AT 06:21?AM (MST)

>
>Spotlighting laws are enforceable. Boundary
>laws are enforceable. Alaska
>decided their law is enforceable.
> These laws are enforced
>in Europe and Asia.
>But somehow you have decided
>its not enforceable with your
>omniscience. Alaska didn't have
>that law just a few
>years ago and they have
>a lot smaller population density
>than where you live.
>Yet somehow they have decided
>its enforceable. It has nothing
>to do with ethics.
>It is game management, and
>I know that goes waaaay
>over your head.
>
>Are you trying to say if
>it became a law you
>would not obey it?
>Is that your problem here
>dog? Is that your
>only measuring stick is whether
>they would be able to
>enforce it on YOU?
>
>Good luck being a poacher.

It's like arguing with a 4th grader. Did you even read REDDOGs post? Take your meds PUMPkinhead.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-14 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]I don't think the unenforceable law logic is a viable reason for not putting a law into effect. Pretty sure majority of the hunters will follow a law even if it's unenforceable.

That may be true. But those might be the same guys who follow that self imposed rule now. The problem guys aren't going to suddenly become ethical unless someone is watching. That is ONLY my opinion! Not based on omniscience.

So here's a hypothetical situation under such a law...

I shoot and wound an animal that runs over the hill. I follow up but when I get there someone else has shot it, killed it, and is claiming it. The usual argument ensues about first blood blah blah blah. But rather that get in a fist fight I relinquish and let them have the animal... am I done too?

Yep. Your done too. Sucks don't it. Welcome to wildlife management. Its not about your feelings.

By the way I am sure "most guys" self impose night hunting rules on themselves. So lets get rid of that law. Most guys self impose legal minimum calibers on themselves so we don't need that law either. And most guys I am sure would self impose bag limits so I guess we can get rid of that rule too in your mythical utopia you think we are all hunting in.

How old are you boy?

You better have your eyes checked a$$hole. Your desire to be right is affecting your reading comprehension. NOWHERE did I say "most guys".

OK, so say "same guys". It doesn't change one point made in my last post. I don't have a desire to be right. I am just right and for whatever reason you wet your jammies over it. :D

At least I can admit when I made a mistake like this quote.

So I honestly want to know, how old are you?

I have answered question after question that you ask. Even your pitiful hypothetical in your last post and you have yet to answer any of mine.

RE: Hunting Show -"Extreme Outer Limits"

Ok, "same guys" vs "most guys"... that completely changes everything in your post vs mine. READ!!! COMPREHEND!!!!! Doesnt matter if its 1% , 1/2% ... same does not equal most.

"I am just right..." Now thats funny! You're right because you say you are.

I am old enough that I bet you were still $hittin yellow when I first started hunting.

Get bent phucktard

So you are old enough to call people "phucktard" on the internet but not old enough to answer questions. Your a mighty grown up boy.

Face it slick, you got whooped and your ego ain't letting you deal with it to well.

If it will help you I will admit that I doubt this law will ever pass in your state and you will be free to gut shoot and loose as many forkhorns as you want before you hit one in the butt and he can't get away. Just don't shoot any of those "does". :D

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-14 AT 05:28PM (MST)[p]I am pretty sure one guy named red dog thinks he should be able to shoot at game at any range the military gets to shoot people at. Then some othe guy named nvbighorn thinks it shouldn't matter what range he wounds game at because he is just going to shoot another deer anyway. It's pretty amusing.

Wow, your lack of reading comprehension is disturbing. I NEVER said I want to wound anything. Doubting whether some theoretical law is enforceable is all I ever did. Just because they do it in Europe and Asia and a few units in Alaska doesn't mean it will work in Nevada or any place else (or that it's even working in those places). I did ask if you had some data on wounding loss and how many deer would be saved from such a law. But you've neglected to answer that, contrary to stating you've answered all my questions.

I'm really concerned about your mental state Pumpkinhead.

This is even better. You claim you never said something that I didn't say you said anyway. But then you cry about my reading comprehension. Are there some pills you should be taking now, little horn? Anyway I think Orion got the gist of it.

Hey littlehorn, if it's not enforceable, why care if they pass the law? Answer that. Why would you care in the least little bit? I want an answer to this. I bet you don't.

I never said I cared whether they passed the law. I simply doubted if it was enforcable. You are really out to lunch. You make me laugh how hard you twist things to make yourself look right. Keep trying punkin.

>I never said I cared whether
>they passed the law. I
>simply doubted if it was
>enforcable.
>
>
And the UDWR agrees with you! A proposal was made in a Utah State Mule Deer Planning Committee meeting to pass such a law and it was reviewed by the UDWR legal department and was determined to be unenforceable. So the recommendation from the committee was to include the subject in the Hunter Safety courses, in proclamations, in pamphlets and other literature and on the website, so the issue isn't dead, but it isn't likely to ever be a law in Utah.

All righty then. Lets split hairs since you don't want to be honest about your feelings. Why would you care whether its enforceable? Why care? What sweat off your backside is it if the DWR passes a law you think can't be enforced? Why all the huffing and puffing if you don't care? You are good at dodging questions so I worded these just right. Now answer it boy.

I don't

I don't

None

I'm neither huffing nor puffing

You have convinced me. You are right. In fact I believe a law like you describe would bring back the deer herds. Never mind producing that data I asked for. I'm convinced. Habitat has nothing to do with the decline in mule deer populations. And the excuse used by game departments about drought is silly. If they had shot does before the drought we would be in good shape now.

Thank you for setting me straight on all of this. I've been so mislead and uneducated.

Now that you've enlightened us don't you have something else to do? It's almost Halloween. Shouldn't you be sitting on someone's porch with a candle in your empty head?

Good to see you learning littlehorn. Isn't it great to post for three days about something you claim you don't care about. :p

NvBighorn I hate to interrupt the fun you and Tristate are having but to go back to your hypothetical question in post 130 I'd have to say in that particular incident no you would not be done hunting if someone else tags the animal. Even if you are the one to draw first blood. That would just be my opinion on the subject.

Just to be clear I'm neither for or against a law of this nature. I've never thought about until reading this thread. I just think that even if a law/rule is unenforceable doesn't mean that it can't have a positive impact. For example back in 2008 I met a very nice guy while elk hunting. This guy was just an all around great person and from what little time I was able to spend with him overall I'd say he seemed like a very ethical law abiding hunter except for maybe one thing and that was he had wounded 4-5 different bulls during his hunt and was continuing to hunt for other bulls then the ones he hit. According to him he believed that none of the bulls were fatally injured. Couple shoulder hits and a few in the void. All though he was extremely upset about wounding all these bulls he was determined to fill his tag and continued hunting. I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure if there was a "you wound it your done" law in place this guy would have more than likely wounded one bull instead of 4 or 5. Who knows if any of the bulls he hit died so maybe his actions weren't as bad as they seem but this is where I can see a law/rule of this nature overall doing some good even though it is unenforceable.

Guns n Beers

Thanks for your input. But Tristate is gonna be in a quandary here. First you disagree with him by saying I wouldn't be done. Disagreeing with Tristate is not allowed. But then you turn around and make a good point in support of his one and done law. How will he handle you? I am waiting to watch this, popcorn in hand.

PS: I agree with you on both points (providing this guy is the type of guy who wouldn't break into a locked house with a glass window in the door). As my Dad always said, those type laws keep the honest guys honest. Unfortunately they don't always work for the dishonest.

Guns n Beers,

I am not in a quandary here. You speak like a gentleman and you bring interesting points to the discussion. We just disagree on bighorn's hypothetical and how it should be handled. Like most people you are concerned with making sure that a ruling is "fair" for all people involved. I however suffer from an inability to care for fairness. :D In matters of wildlife I always consider both the fiscal impact and public safety first, herd health second, and meat in our freezers third.

If a man shoots a deer that runs away and another man shoots it and claims it the first man should have shot straighter. Hard lesson. Not "fair" I know. If they want to work out ownership of the carcass let them go to civil courts about it. Meanwhile the herd is not effected by peoples confusion and poor shooting.

The reason I give Bighorn the jive on here is because I consider him of low moral fabric. He knows his part and he plays along. Don't expect the same treatment to you.

Cheers,

Ben

Low moral fabric! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh my god, that is rich. As much as I would like to know how you have derived that from the equation all I can do is laugh. Judgemental Texas Gotta-be-right-cuz-I-said-so Know-it-all who would argue with the Almighty himself is all you are. I hope someday I get to meet you in person and shake your hand. You are, thankfully, one in a million.

Low moral fabric... cant stop laughing.

My best days are days that I provided someone else some humor. You are welcome.

OMG, are you serious. You actually want the govt to tell you how far you can shoot? You sound like a bunch of fricken Obama lovin libtards. Do you have Hillary 2016 bumper stickers on your F350's?

And then you want the bunny cops to try and write tickets for it and have it hold up in court?

Talk about a waste of funding. Shouldn't the G&F be trying to catch poachers and party hunters rather than trying to determine the skill level of everyone with a deer tag? GEEZ-LOOO-EEZE!

I've seen people blow the back legs off a deer at less than 100 yards. I've also seen people heart shoot a deer at 900+.

If you enjoy trying to get as close as possible, that's awesome.Keep doing what you are doing. but Mind your own f***ing business.

Don't know how I missed this 150 post thread (oh ya I do I was killin my bull and buck the past couple weeks!). Here's my problem with long range shooting on game be it bow, rifle, muzzleloader, or boomerang....flight time of projectile. U can dope the wind, peg the range, compensate for the spin of the earth, and say a quick prayer to the god of your choice b4 lettin it fly. But u can't predict or control what that animal does in that 2,3,4 seconds of projectile flight time. 1 step,2 steps, maybe more=gut shot, hip shot, clean miss. I don't care how good u are at shootin 1,000yds or more (and I'll guarantee there's plenty of u waaaaay better at it than I will ever b) u still can't control or predict what that animal will do during that 2-4 seconds of flight time. That's my only issue with long range shooting at game. That said we got enough laws. All I can do is try and convince others b4 they wound the buck or bull of a lifetime,that there is a variable they can't control or predict. All I got.

Heffe,

I don't think I have seen people on this thread saying they want the government deciding how far you can shoot.

Posts 150 and 151 are both correct and say the same thing in a different way. LR shooting can be very problematic but more laws and regulations are not what we need.

Look around guys, we're regulated and taxed to F'ing death. The Boston Tea Party was over a mere 2% tax. I'll bet each of you pay much aloser to 15 times that much so we can all be "regulated" into being good citizens.

Education: yes
Regulation: no

Zeke

The problem here Zeke is the entire wildlife model is based around law and regulation. Constantly tweaking and micro managing with law is the only way it can function. I am not defending it because I don't like it one bit. There are more economically efficient ways to manage our wildlife and hunting system but it takes a radical redesign that most people here are not willing to sacrifice what they have now for. Until then enjoy being regulated up to your eyeballs.

It takes me so long to read and even longer to post that I was typing while 153 was being posted.
It sounds like we should simply agree with everyone just to be safe! Lmao

On this we should ALL agree; we have way too much governmental intrusion in our lives ( unless you're on the tit) and about 90% of the laws (which are to "protect" us from ourselves) should be shitt-canned!

This thread has been entertaining and revealing.
Zeke

>
>On this we should ALL agree;
>we have way too much
>governmental intrusion in our lives
>( unless you're on the
>tit) and about 90% of
>the laws (which are to
>"protect" us from ourselves) should
>be shitt-canned!
>
>
>Zeke

Amen brother!

So you're just going to magically know out of the thousands of hunters (unguided) if one of them wounded an animal? Wow! I wanna laugh but its too stupid to even laugh at. Spare me the phone call to Alaska and explain it please. Unless every single hunter has a guide with them, I don't have a clue how it could work.

First of all the law abiding citizens will do what the law tells them and that is the majority of hunters out there.

As for catching the ones that don't live by the law they get caught the exact same way spotlighters, and many other poachers get caught, A WITNESS!

Just up your long game
giphy.gif

-Cass

Wasn't making fun of your "learning experience" Tardstate, far from it

Simply find sardonic amusement in a goofy dude that wants to dictate from the standpoint of his own ignorance and ineptitude...nevrmind your redundant and highly hypocritical straw man arguments :)

Like I said before: stupid is, as stupid...heh, I'll leave the rest up for interpretation ;)

Why don't you elaborate on what statements I have made here that are hypocritical.

Or are you simply typing and not thinking again?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-14 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-14 AT 12:17?PM (MST)

>OMG, are you serious. You actually
>want the govt to tell
>you how far you can
>shoot? You sound like a
>bunch of fricken Obama lovin
>libtards. Do you have Hillary
>2016 bumper stickers on your
>F350's?
>
>And then you want the bunny
>cops to try and write
>tickets for it and have
>it hold up in court?
>
>
>Talk about a waste of funding.
>Shouldn't the G&F be trying
>to catch poachers and party
>hunters rather than trying to
>determine the skill level of
>everyone with a deer tag?
>GEEZ-LOOO-EEZE!
>
>I've seen people blow the back
>legs off a deer at
>less than 100 yards. I've
>also seen people heart shoot
>a deer at 900+.
>
>If you enjoy trying to get
>as close as possible, that's
>awesome.Keep doing what you are
>doing. but Mind your own
>f***ing business.

No I really don't want the government telling me how far to shoot but I see no other option at this time. Overall I feel that taking these long distance shots at animals is extremely bad for the sport and is a major catalyst in dividing the hunting community. As of now I see no end to all this bicker between hunters on the subject and unless the government steps in I feel it's only going to get worse.

So, we are going to ask Barney the Bunny cop to go out with his range finder and make sure all hunters are in the "kill zone"?

What

a

Joke

If you don't like shooting XXX yards.....don't do it. And by the way...who gets to decide what is long range and what is not?

I am asking Barney to right you a ticket next time someone witnesses you killing a deer after wounding another.

You bring up a good point Heffe. Who decides how far the max range is and at what distance should that be. I must admit I don't have a solid answer for this question but I can't imagine this being a very big issue. I feel 500 is a good number that most anti-longrangers could agree on but I could be wrong.

As far as enforcing such a law yes it would be tough to do in the field. Granted majority of us hunters would more than likely obey such a law if one were ever put into place. This alone will make a huge difference and make a law like this worth while, but like all laws there will always be a few people that will knowingly break it. This shouldn't be a reason not to put a law in effect.

Where I feel a law like this will do the most good and benefit the hunting community is the absence of all the online posts, videos and/or TV shows promoting these extreme long range shots taken on animals. This is where I feel majority of the problems caused by longrange hunting spawns from.

While I don't always agree with some of these longrange shots being taken at animals especially the ones over 1000 yards doesn't mean I think negatively of the guy making them. Where I have a problem with longrange hunting is the negative impact it has on the hunting community and the future of the sport. This will probably only get worse unless something is done about it. When all things considered although not a perfect solution a law prohibiting extreme longrange hunting will more then likely cause way more good for hunting than bad.

Tristate,
What percentage of hunters do you think truly know when they wounded an animal? I don't know about you but I read it all the time in harvest stories, "I was pretty sure I made a good shot", or "the shot felt good". When I read that it tells me the hunter was clueless of where they even hit probably due to excitement, flinching, too much recoil not being able to stay on target or having underpowered optics. With my long range setup, I can track the shot to target and know right where I hit, thus making me aware every time I hit an animal. So for the "unethical long range hunters" like myself, I think your wounding law would work, but for the "ethical" majority that may not know where they hit (which I used to be), I don't see it working. One last question, what's with the raging hard-on for military snipers?

Jray,

I would imagine better than %90 of shooters know when they wound an animal. Just because people are wrong about the quality of their shots in your example does not mean they do not know when they strike an animal. Plus EVERY shot should be followed up. Even when I believe I have missed an animal cleanly I investigate and follow up to make sure.

As for having erections for snipers I think you misunderstood my previous posts. I was trying to demonstrate the lack of logic it takes for someone to believe "if a military sniper does it why can't I".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom