Hunting Show Survey

BLACK_PREDATOR

Since we are on the subject of t.v. shows, What would be the type of show that you would watch every week, or at least tivo/record for later viewing.

What would everyone like to see, say on a elk or muley t.v. show.
Please be specific...remember it's only 22.5 minutes long.

thanks
tb

Hot, nekked chicks shooting trophy class bulls, bucks and rams in remote areas.
watermark.php

yotewalk.gif

Eric

I like Eastmans....I love high country bowhunting for muley's
I also like Tred Barta, just because he's a nut.

I Tivo all the hunting shows that feature any big game besides whitetail and birds. I have nothing against whiteys and birds but there are too many shows on them.
I like elk hunts as long as they aren't the high fence crap. I watched one today where the "hunters" "hunted" elk on a game farm. No thanks.

FAIR CHASE elk or mule deer. More public ground hunts. I alway like to see them hunting where anyone else has the same oppertunity to hunt.

More hunting, less selling. I've watched a few these days that have maybe.. 5 mins worth of hunting. Rest is crap! I know people have sponsors, but I won't watch them with all the crap. My hunting, less garbage and I'll watch. Also, a fan of the big game stuff only. Nothing against Whitetails or birds either, just don't hunt them and that's all that's on.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

I LIKE THE SHOW WHERE I TAKE THAT TROPHY BULL ON THAT LE UNIT!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

THAT AIN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

FAIR CHASE TROPHY BUCKS & BULLS IN UTAH OR ANY OTHER STATE WHERE SOME RICH #### DIDN'T PAY 156,000.00 TO KILL ONE IN DECEMBER!!!

SHOWS THAT SHOW THE GUY THAT WAITED 13 YEARS TO PULL THE TAG BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH WAITING FOR WITH THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME REWARD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat LIKING THEM KIND OF SHOWS,I ALSO LIKE Ruts SHOW I JUST HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!!

I really like the over the shoulder archery hunts you guys do. Its almost like standing right behind the hunter. Really enjoy the screaming bulls up close and personal.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 03:32PM (MST)[p]Tb,

Trail of the Sportsman, Best of the West, and Eastman's are the ones I set the DVR to record every episode. I watch a few others, especially shows featuring hunts from Africa (Dream!), but I get sick of seeing whitetails, turkeys, caribou, and black bears over bait. I like to see muleys, elk, predators, antelope, moose, sheep, goats, etc. One of the coolest shows I've seen was the Trail of the Sportsman when Don Meacham was hunting elk in Utah and shot that giant black bear. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

If you want examples of what not to put on T.V., just tune into to Backlands Experience, Across America the Outfitter with Colorado Buck, whatever the name of that show is with Brock Ray, and there's another one featuring an older, heavy-set guy and his wife that drives me absolutely crazy, but I can't remember his name or the name of the show right now. The guy is an absolute moron and gives white trash a bad name!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]Foreman is it Jon Brunson outdoors.

Its interesting--between all the networks out there, I figure there has got to be at least 200+ shows--like most of you I get sick of seeing another turkey white-tail from a tree stand black bear over the bait hunt but that's just me. Most of the shows are just absolute crap fake and more fake stuff but how long can you have a show about some dude in a tree stand?

Todd Black
BTO

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]Todd,

The guy I was trying to think of is Babe Winkleman...what a duffus!

When will the new season of Trail of the Sportsman start? I have a couple buddies who went on an elk hunt with you guys and I can't wait to see the footage!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]Every day Joe Shmoe hunting on public land or on a ranch or farm that he got permission to hunt. You know, a show that is more to true life. Not some trumped up sponserd show like Dave Watson on a caged hunt, or the arrogance of Eastman(there are no fences here) DUH!. Just a down to earth, working stiff hunting!

A host, that puts it together, and eveyone send in videos of thier hunting, trapping, fishing!

Call it Americans Outdoors!

Amen to that! How many of us here in the west actually own a treestand? Sure they have some value, even out here, but I don't want to watch one on TV!!

TV shows are getting like NASCAR! If it was for my blah, I couldn't have shot this buck. I'd like to thank.. a, b, c, d, e, f, g... z for making this possible.

That's what makes the DVD's better than the TV shows anyday!

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

what is that really crappy one where they speek French and it looks like it was filmed in 1985? Northern ....something I think

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Don't change a thing Travis.
You had it right the first time when you did the Trail of the Sportsman.
That show is absolutley one of the best there is.
I know you aren't with Don anymore, but you definitley had it right.
Thanks for sharing your unreal hunts with all of us.
HH

Im a fan of Eastmans also. Really any big game hunt thats not out of a treestand or over bait. Spot and stalk hunting is probably harder to film but is much more entertaining to watch. If you want to see some guy in a plastic box on stilts shoot a bear over bait you have nothing better to do. I like to watch all of the archery shows also.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 04:55PM (MST)[p]Show's that are more about what every Joe Bluecollar has to go through to hunt. Do a show to teach people what is involved in a western hunt. Growing up back east I allways dreamed of Elk hunting. For most guys it is cost prohibitive. I am lucky I now live in Colorado and don't plan on leaving. However I have a ton of friends who, once it is explained how to Elk hunt for less than a grand are flocking out here.

It seems most hunting shows are either guided hunts or private land, in either case they cost big bucks. Use your show to inform as well as entertain.

Thats my $.02 worth.

dbltrbl - Very well put.

I also agree with whoover posted that BTO does it right! Looking forward to your new partnership as well and seeing you on Reel Outdoors! :) Setting my TIVO..

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Right now the two I've watch are Jim Shockey & Eastmans. I love seeing the critters on Eastman's & Shocky's are unique & hold my interest. I would also like to see less bear hunting and more deer & elk. Oh I almost forgot that show with the 3 hotties fishing & huntin. I could watch them all day. Hope they have a viewer participation episode.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Trail of the sportsman, Best of the West, and sometimes Eastman's (especially if they did not say Eastman's 100 times) are the best shows. I would like to see more public land hunting in other states besides Utah and Colorado. A show on general deer in Idaho, Blacktail in NW california, deer in NV, moose in ID or Montanna, Mulies in OR or Washington, ect. It's nice to watch a hunt that you can actually do without paying $$ or waiting 20 years to draw (even if they are not successful, or harvest a huge trophy). I think the best show I saw this year was Cameron from Eastman's bowhunting in the Rubies.

Trail of the sportsman is a great show. Good on the ground bowhunting for anything is cool with me. Treestands and fences don't make for good TV. Elk, Mule deer, Antelope, Big Bears, etc. Let's see it all.

If Trophy Hunter or MonsterMuleys ever decided to produce a show
I've got a great idea for one that would fit along with them and the hunters that they cater to.

How bout hot nicked chix rubbing honey on each other
only to be as bait for Black Bears while being hunted over
by BOBCATBESS and BCBOY as guide! OR...... one with BCBOY needing to bait in a Big Alpha Male Wolf and So he covers BOBCATBESS with she WOLF ##### in HEAT spray while hes collared to a stump!!!
rm

I really like your show how it is now. Most probably the best on the Mens channel. Mule Deer, Elk, Moose and Antelope out west. Can't beat that......

Montana Secrets was a real good show too, but it is gone for about a year now.

Travis & Todd,
Thanks for asking us. I personally don't watch very many hunting shows but always enjoyed watching BTO on Trail of the Sportsmen. You are one of the few who really hunt and work for your animals and show the viewers that hunting is just that, hunting not killing.
I personally like to see hunts that show the challenges, heartache and joy of the chase. I think that's why many of us enjoy "Western" type hunting and not the canned killing, that most shows have. Another thing that is fun to watch is, to see newer hunters getting their first or second animal and their expression on their face! priceless!!!!!!
I would also include cats hunts with predator calls, bear hunts that are spot and stalk, running traplines with both water and land sets and maybe a skinning lesson or two, how to cape out different Big Game species.
Keep up the good work and I hope God blesses you with your "New" show.

McKinney aka Hiker
Proverbs 3:5-6

Jim Shockey's hunting adventures, Easton Bowhunting TV, and Primos when they DON'T do Turkey are good. Eastman's is good too, but they push the no fences crap too much. I also don't like when they get up to the animal they IMMEDIATELY start scoring him. "He has to have 20" 3rds, 36" 4ths, 8" bases, his main beams have got to be 12 feet long, he's 1/4 mile wide.....should score around 637 B&C. No fences here." blah blah blah. Makes we want to puke, just appreciate the animal and stop shoving scores down our throats. :)

Lien2

Thanks for all the good ideas and positive feedback.
We too are working on our own video, as well as more shows to start airing this Oct. We'll keep those that are interested updated.

thanks
Travis
BTO

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]"We'll keep those that are interested updated".

Please, Put me on your list.

[email protected]

Thanks,
McKinney aka Hiker
Proverbs 3:5-6

spirit of the wild with ted nugent is good i think,he cracks me up. and get wild with cindy garrison on espn is pretty good eye candy as well.

I would like to see all these professinal hunter hunt public land and without a guide to tel them where to go.

I would like to see all these professinal hunter hunt public land and without a guide to tel them where to go.

I prefer High Fence turkey hunting shows........LMAO.
Any more I am getting to where I like to see just averge Joe on a hunting trip filmed over the shoulder. I get sick of seeing the professionals do it all the time. Places I like to see hunts from are Alaska, Canada, and the Weastern States and Mexico.

"We MUST Hunt"

The funniest post of all time:
The reincarnated Indian whale, Luna, was prop chopped to death by a tug boat. The tug Captain will have to live with that for the rest of his life.
ROFLMMFAO

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-06 AT 07:44PM (MST)[p] Travis and Todd
What a great job you guys have done. Your stuff is tops. One thing I think that is missing on a hunt show
That is the laughter that goes along with the comminatory of the camp and hunts. The trials and tribulations and little
Tidbits, pointers, tricks, and campfire humor. Some time the kill shot is overdone on so many shows.
So is that your name Travis on the successful bear hunt I see on the list?? Congratulation !!!!
One more thing. My sheep hunt I draw this year (HOPE) would be great on your Show. Keep me on your update list.
Rut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom