Hunting Tents

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am simple. I am looking for a 8x10 or 10x12'ish size tent that can stand up to all weather conditions. I would usually pull a pop up trailer but now looking into possibly getting a good tent. Does not have to have a stove but would entertain that. Suggestions? Not looking at spending more than $800 but wouldn't mind spending less. I know I won't get much for that but I am simple. Thanks.

Get a wall tent. I have 4 and I have 7 or more buddies that own one or more. Hard to beat. My oldest one is 30 years old and still going strong.

Check out Davis wall tents. They have monthly sales and specials. Keep checking and you can find the size you want in your budget range.

I have a 10x12 from The Wall Tent Shop and a 13x13 from Elk Mountain Tents. Both are wall tent style and I would recommend either brand.

I've been using a Kodiak Flex-Bow, 10X14. Easy enough to set up. Held up to 8" of overnight snow, another time 40 mph winds. My grandson (9 yrs. old) and I can set it up in about 30 minutes. Drawback is it does have a floor, so no stove. They also have a 10X10 size.

I bought a 10 x 12 Davis Wall about 10 years ago, great tent. I paid for it by selling hunting gear I didn't use anymore. I cut a notch in the floor for the stove

+1 on the wall tent. My hunting buddy has one that we've used for numerous hunts and nothing outside of a cabin beats it. A bit of work to set up and tear down but if you're hunting in any weather at all it's well worth the effort.

Hopefully some of you past posters see this...I need one that I will be able to put up by myself. Is this feasible? Great responses so far. Thanks...

With internal frame and the 10x12 or 12x14 easy by your self. I have set up my 14x16 by myself twice. no problem, but better with two people.

I have both a wall tent and a Koidak flex bow. If im not looking for use of a stove, want to be able to move quick if needed, and not hunting with more than 2 Im going with the Kodiak. If Im in one place for awhile, or more than 2 of us the wall tent comes out. For single use truck camping you cant beat a Kodiak IMO.......

I set mine up solo pretty often. Once you get the system, it’s pretty easy. Set the ridges and rafters up, drape the tent over and hoist one side at a time for the legs.

Hey Wisz!

I'd get 500' of Extension Cord!

And a Quiet 2000 watt Generator!

And a Small electric Heater with a Thermostat on it!

It'll Keep the Tent Cozy!

I like my Montana Canvas 10x12 with aluminum frame. It can be set up by one person in about twenty minutes, accommodates up to four cots and a stove, and does not get hot when the sun comes up (cross ventilation is a must). It will struggle in a stiff wind, however, even when staked. I have seen the stove pipe work loose as the canvas flapped. I am not sure that one can find a complete set-up for $800 new (of any manufacturer), but perhaps a good used one can be found at that price. Another drawback is its size--tent, frame and stakes will occupy one-fourth of your truck bed.

Like everything else in life there’s a right and wrong way! Build the outside frame and ridge, drag the canvas over the top, and insert the wall legs from inside. Davis used to have a video of a 12 year old kid putting one up single handedly.

Like everything else in life there’s a right and wrong way! Build the outside frame and ridge, drag the canvas over the top, and insert the wall legs from inside. Davis used to have a video of a 12 year old kid putting one up single handedly.
It's the folding back up and trying to get it back in the box that kills me! Mine always looks alot like a 3 year old casting a level wind reel.

I have a Cabelas Alaknak tent. It fits in one bag with handles. So it’s easy to keep track off. I thought about a wall tent. But this is easier for me to haul around and keep all the parts together . I do use a wood stove with it for cold weather.

Hopefully some of you past posters see this...I need one that I will be able to put up by myself. Is this feasible? Great responses so far. Thanks...
Kodiak Canvas 10x10 is only $399, I cut the front eave off to go from 70 to 65 lbs, and it takes 5 minutes to put up or take down.....

bought a used 12 x 12 wall tent at an auction with stove for $100.00 and used it for years....they definitely keep you nice and warm but make sure to get a nice comfortable cot also..just a day hunter in my old age now..

I have a 10x14 Kodiak Canvas Flexbow and love it! I can set it up by myself in about 10 minutes. We spent 2 weeks straight, with everyday rain, in it in Montana last spring and never got wet inside.

Montana Canvas. 10x12 with 5 foot walls. I don't like 4 foot walls cause your always bending down. I have had mine for 17 years. after each season I hang up and spray it clean. one guy can put it up but takes some time. 2 guys it goes quick

About 5 years ago I bought a Cabelas Alaknak tent in 12' X 20'. I've probably slept in it close to 50 nights. It has held up well and I have used a wood stove in it without any problems. Coldest night was about 0 degrees and I could walk around inside the tent with shorts and a t shirt if I kept the fire going. I was going to buy a wall tent but settled on the Alaknak tent because I wanted something lighter and a floor that would keep rodents out. A good wall tent is also nice to have.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom