Hunting The High Country?

L

LVhunter

Is it just the area that im hunting or does it seem that there isnt as many deer in the high country this year. The past three years there have been many big deer in the area that I hunt and even more smaller deer. This year I have only run into a few bigger bucks and even the small ones and doe are few and far between. Any thoughts?

see any elk up in this high country of yours i have been seeing more elk and less deer in most high country areas that i have been hunting I believe elk are increasing and I think this has a negative impact on muledeer populations especialy when competing for forage in winter ranges

I'm seeing less than 25% of the good bucks I saw last year. Last year I was hunting about 15 good bucks, this year it's maybe 3 or 4 in the area that I've seen. Doesn't mean they arent there I guess, just that I can't locate them.

with talking to some hunters They have all said they are seeing less big bucks up high, and more of them in the mid-range.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom