Hunting Unit 26 a little north of big creek...

twsnow18

This is my first season elk hunting. I went up on Mosquito Ridge near Pablo/or Pueblo summit in September for their early rifle hunt and saw only 2 cows. No bulls and heard no bugles for 3 days, we covered a lot of ground. I'm actually very proficient with calls, I practiced all summer as I'm a college student with nothing else to do. The season is back open again until the 18th of November. It is a tough unit I have found out, especially without pack animals but theres no way I'm not gonna go. Not asking for anyones honeyhole but seeing if anyone can't point me in a direction as me and my friends are Eagle Scouts, in excellent shape and very experienced hikers ready to hike and pack our butts off.

Any info would be great! Thanks!

The area u were in should hold elk. They have almost become silent do to the wolves. The only thing i can say is get out glass glass then glass a little more with these recent storms the elk 7500+ ft should be moveing down a bit try hunting a little lower and shoot everyone of them overgrown coyotes u come across.

Yah they were pretty silent in September up there unfortunately. Your consistent with some succesful hunters I talked to up there as well thanks! Ok I'll definitely keep the elevation more in mind

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom