Hunting wilderness rules for non-residents

DidIDraw

Hi everyone:

Quick question about hunting in the wilderness areas of Wyoming as a non-resident. Can I hunt in a wilderness area as a non-resident if my brother-in-law who is a Wyoming resident accompanies me?

Thanks

If I am reading this correctly per the 2011 Nonresident Booklet that I just copied off the website it states that on page 12 item i: "Nonresident Big Game or Trophy Game hunters are currently required to have a Professional guide or a RESIDENT GUIDE ONLY IF HUNTING IN DESIGNATED WILDERNESS AREAS."

Then in subsection j: "No person shall directly or indirectly "compensate" a person holding himself out as engaging in the business of, or acting in the capacity of, an Outfitter or a Professional guide unless that person provides proof that he is a licensed outfitter or professional guide as required by the state."

Does not say a thing about any family member that you can accompany on a hunt in the wilderness. If you are NOT PAYING the brother-in-law I don't see how they can stop you BUT be sure and maybe talk with someone in the F&G and not some desk clerk, ask to speak with a Supervisor.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Your brother-in law needs to go to Game and Fish office and they will give him a guide license to take you into the wilderness. I did this several years ago with a relative that was a resident.

They generally will need a copy of your license as well.

A resident guide can only take 2 hunters per year or they have to get an outfitters license.

Pretty dumb law really. you can see town half the time from the wilderness area we hunt in. and the resident who is our " guide " couldn't find his way out of camp without a GPS.

Still WY treats the NR hunter pretty darn well so I'm not whining.

That some funny stuff there. No GPS

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom