hunting with dog

nvbones

Currently live in idaho, my gf loves to go hunting too but we have a dog. Is it illegal to take the dog with us if the dog is held by my gf on a leash and she isn't carrying a rifle?

Thanks

Will the Dog Chase & Hold at Bay 30"ers?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I wish.ha just kidding. It would be worthwhile to bring my gf cuz she spots loads of deer. We put the dog in a vest I'm just wondering if some a hole wardens gonna give me a ticket even tho we clearly aren't using the dog to run deer or anything.

I know a few Guys that haul their Dog on their Wheelers during the Hunt!

I don't think there's any issues with doing it!

I'm always in the market for a 30" Deer Dog if anybody has one?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

6918image.jpg

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

This is a pic of my Dad and his little hunting buddy years ago in Nevada. We put a hunting bandana around his neck when we let him run around...I think it would have been a real challenge for him to flush deer for us! :) I don't think there would be any issues as long as you controlled your dog like you plan to. Probably wouldn't hurt to get the real skinny from Idaho G&F.

2406hunting_buddies.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-14 AT 05:22AM (MST)[p]Call or email them and ask. Nice thing about email is if they answer, you have it in writing that someone said it was OK.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

This is George, the best deer dog i had and ever saw. Trailing up a wounded buck, anybody's buck i put him on, was a given. He'd also circle around deer and move them towards me. He only barked on bucks! Hunting with one dog is legal in certain parts of Calif. it is where i hunted and trained him from a pup.

8003george.jpg

Picture taken up in Grouse Creek range on a Utah Hunt. He stayed in the truck as i hunted miles away. Hated leaving him but as i recall, dogs weren't allowed so i had no choice.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>This is George, the best deer
>dog i had and ever
>saw. Trailing up a wounded
>buck, anybody's buck i put
>him on, was a given.
>He'd also circle around deer
>and move them towards me.
>He only barked on bucks!
>Hunting with one dog is
>legal in certain parts of
>Calif. it is where i
>hunted and trained him from
>a pup.
>
>
8003george.jpg

>
>Picture taken up in Grouse Creek
>range on a Utah Hunt.
>He stayed in the truck
>as i hunted miles away.
>Hated leaving him but as
>i recall, dogs weren't allowed
>so i had no choice.
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Love those dogs. That is a cool range too. Love that area and the Pilot range. Is George standing on the hood of the same old GM you have now?

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

A good part of our family has had great luck with Brittney's. I talked to and trained that one from a young age as i would have a young son. In that pic, he knows what what we're looking for and it would be a mistake not to look where he was looking if he stiffens and started to shake a bit. Great hunting Pard!

I liked the looks of that corner too. Lots of group hunting going on there though, bunches of guys, wasn't used to it! Didn't seem to matter how far i'd try to get away, there would be 4 guys coming over the ridge from a different direction. I may have hit it wrong and didn't give it a fair shake as it's tough to hunt new country with no more to go on than a store bought map.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom