Huntnfever's Boy

tworivers

LAST EDITED ON May-09-11 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]It seemed like this is the place to post the pic rather than the Shed forum as his dad spent all his time with you BS' artist's..... :) I am trying to teach him some things like i did with his dad, it has been bittersweet.. closing in on a year now in few months. But man look at his excitement at finding his first big muley shed! I went and placed some little whitetail shed's at his dad's gravesite for him to find as there are plenty there. This year's sheddin has brought back some memories of last year's shed hunt. Rip Scott

2369p1010728.jpg

2942p1010832.jpg

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-09-11 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]Very touching. Good for you to take this young man shed hunting.
His smile says it all. He will always remember these moments spent
in the outdoors. You're a good friend and person.

Eldorado

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.... this is my Nephew Garrett.... Scott was my little brother/hunting partner. Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Takeovers, you are a great uncle and brother for looking out for your nephew. I'm sure it is bittersweet but it also gives you a chance to remain close to your brother. Thanks for looking out for him.

Gotta be a Tough Deal!

You're doing what You've gotta do!

Glad the kid has his Uncle!

Nice job!

Sure doesn't seem like almost a year!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

You are doing a wonderful thing and it will pay huge dividends in that boy's future. Keep up the good work of a great Uncle/Brother.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I'm sure Hunt is looking down and is Happy that you have taken his son out and are passing along the family love of hunting. RIP Brother

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I see my stupidphone's auto correct turned your name "tworivers" into "takeovers". LOL gotta love it. I hope you understood. Again you're a good brother.

You are a good man, tworivers.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Tworivers, Very cool of you...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

2rivers I must be soft looking at the pics and remembering what happened to his dad chokes me up yet again. I admire you and respect what your doing for that youn man. Know this your brother is looking down and smiling on you both.

I have enjoyed it, I was there for almost all of Scott's hunting first's. We went to an outdoor youth day the same day as the shed hunting and he got to shoot a big boy bow.. he just turned 5 a few months ago, and he hit tht big buffalo in the vitals four times at 15 yds. He was excited for that, and it reminded me of his first archery hunt with me last year in the riverbottom's. He could barely see over the grass and a two point came out on trail in front of us and he screamed "Hey can I shoot it"? The little buck did not know we were there and came inside out. He also did the fishing pole casting as he is anticipating going and fishing some of his dad's ole holes. Does pretty good for a varmint... :)

I took him on the shed hunt and we saw deer,elk, tracks, hair we studied them in the mud. He got to figuring out which direction they were going. And when we smelled the elk.... he deduced that they must be on the upwind side in order for us to smell.
And then we found the big shed after which I had to endure who was the best horn hunter as he found the only horn on the hill. It has been good release for me, If i did not have a few friends, relatives to hunt with and this mentoring.... I have to admit I would be a basket case...

I do appreciate your kind words, The memories here are as good as those we had in person and watching his interaction with you all. This isn't a post to pat myself on back, just observed the anniversary a few days ago and I have not put much out there for people who enjoyed Scott and his sense of humor, passion ect...

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom