Huntsman Gone = Better for Wildlife

fishon

Very Active Member
I try to stay out of it but I thought this warranted a post. The best thing to happen to Utahs wildlife recently is Huntsman being gone.

He Believed 1 group and 1 individual represented all of Utahs Sportsmans views. He was tight with someone from the Wildlife Board nominating committee and visited with him on wildlife issues regularly.

Not only was he clouded on wildlife issues he didn't represent Utahn's well or their standards and beliefs.

I am glad he is gone to work with the Anti-gun And Anti hunting Obama administration. Now you know his true colors. NOw it is 1 less tainted Republican we have to be worry about ruining our way of life.

Herbert will be great and represents the VAST majority of Utah and its standards and beliefs.

He is not going to give ear to 1 group or 1 individual when it comes to wildlife. I believe he will be a much better representitive for Utahs beliefs and Average hunter.

Tony

It would be nice to have someone that is more about all the public than just having it One Way.....

Time will tell.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON May-18-09 AT 08:16AM (MST)[p]Oh great, here we go again with another martyr post from Tony....

And I do think Herbert will be a better Governor than Huntsman.

I am thrilled to see Huntsman move on to "bigger and better things." Although he ran on the republican ticket and touted his conservative values duing the election, his time in office has shown that he is anything but conservative. I don't know much about Gary Herbert but I certainly was happy to hear Little Johnnie was moving to China.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

LAST EDITED ON May-18-09 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]I've noticed in life that just when you think it cant get WORSE...it usually does. Herbert is only "in" office for a year and a half, until the next election....then what?

I'm not saying huntsman, was good...but can it get worse? thats yet to be determined, if you think herbert will be the saving graces...he better work really fast!

edit---I'm hoping for the best,expecting the worst.
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Can it get worse than Huntsman? How short is your memory? Leavitt? Whirling Disease? Fire biologists?

All I am going to say is that under Huntsman's administration wildlife have faired much, much better than under Leavitt. I hope all goes well for Huntsman with his new responsibilities, we need all the help we can get dealing with the Chinese, And, in the meantime I hope Herbert does a good job here at home.

Dax

I would vote for Huntsman every time, thought he did a fantastic job!!

Be careful what you wish for... Arnold, Bill Richardson, Jesse Ventura, Rod Blagojevich...

And three words for you Huntsman haters:

Gov. Rocky Anderson

And don't think it can't happen. Anyone who believes Utah would never vote a guy like that in office hasn't been paying attention. Huntsman was awesome, class act all the way. And he was unbeatable by the Dem's. He's got my vote every time!

>
>Gov. Rocky Anderson
>

That would be a nightmare. I was really glad to see Leavitt gone and I'm glad to see Huntsman going.
Hope for someone better.

Tony,

You sound like a lost man looking for acceptance.

HoundDawg,

I agree, I like the guy.

Gov Rocky Anderson? Theirs a gaurantee we can wake up screaming at night! If that tree hugg'n, granola crunch'n, liberal gets in there HEVEAN Help us! I really didn't think that overall Huntsman did that bad of job by the way, and I guess time will tell how the next handles the resposiblilty for the next year or so. Sounds like some on here have so pretty high expectations what a guy can do in a short amount of time, I always hope for the best here in Utah, but we have had our share of BAD polticians, CANNON, oops did I say that! CANNON, oops there it goes again, sorry guys!

Kentucky Turd Chicken

Not lost at all. Infact enjoying life more then ever seeing my kids games and vacationing with the wife, all the while promoting my way of thinking on the radio every week.

Glad you still rememberd me enough to throw me a jab tho. :)

You are getting a little rusty and the jab had very little sting to it. I better post a little more so I can help you stay sharp.

Hope all is well for you and your endeavors.

Peace

Tony

I am sorry Tony. Man, that Kentucky Turd Chicken really hurt! How did you come up with such a funny!?! Dude you ARE sharp!

Glad to see you are enjoying life and vacationing with the wife at the expense of Utah sportsman. Last time I seen you you were not missing any meals either.;-)

LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-19-09 AT 09:23?PM (MST)

KTC

INSTEAD OF CALLING TONY FAT CAN YOU LIST SOME THINGS YOU AGREE WITH JOHNNY SILVER SPOON WITH BESIDES DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS?

Tony and I like to jab. I thought my comment about enjoying life on our dime might get his feathers ruffed up? Guess not?;-)

Lets try this one. Tony you call me a chicken, but dude, you are the only guy I know that walks like a chicken.;-)

Seriously, I wont fault Tony for trying to push his ideas, I just disagree with many of his ideas. I cannot say I dont like Huntsman either. At least he listened to someone which is more than most.

I never tried or cared to have a meeting with Huntsman. His actions tell you what kind of guy he is. Not the kind of guy I want representing me.

Infact the only audience I care to have is, well ME. My ideas are mine and if people don't like them oh well. I don't like alot of the things that go on and so like any red blooded American I have the right to try to change them and voice my opinion about them.

I think that has something to do with the 1st ammendment. (hopefully Obama won't try to take that away either).

KTC humors me like few can, I always like to see what creative comments he can come up with, he is like my kid brother who always wanted to hang with me and my buddies so he was goofy and said things to try to make people think he was cool.

You know, the class clown. There is a place for that no matter how goofy it is.

Living off of the sportsmans dollars was a pretyy good one the only problem is I never got any of his. So I guess I was never very good at what I was doing so I had to leave and start something new.

Glad to see there is still humor on this site even though it may change if Obama and his POSSE get their way.

Until next time

Tony "the gravy trainer" Abbott

I guess that is one thing I like about "Tony Silverspoon Gravy Train Martyr Abbott", he never gets to riled up when I give him chit.;-)

>I never tried or cared to
>have a meeting with Huntsman.
>His actions tell you what
>kind of guy he is.
>Not the kind of guy
>I want representing me.
Well dont cry because someone did try and meet with the gov to let him know what he wanted for wildlife in this state. sounds like Huntsman must of cared what the people wanted to say to him. at least the ones that tryed to meet with him.

"I never tried or cared to have a meeting with Huntsman."

Sounds like the MDF has a real go-getter running the show!! ;-)

Just an observation, I have never given any money to the MDF so I don't care one way or another...

But if I did belong to the group and found out the guy running it had never even attempted (or cared to) try and get a meeting with the highest office in the State, I'd be the first one raising my hand in vote to toss your butt out and get somebody in there who would try and get a meeting. At least TRY.

If the Gov was only listening to one wildlife group, I guess kudos to them because it probably means they made a substantial effort. I doubt the Gov. came to them.

I'm just sad Super Dell lost his bid for Gov. in a tight race. (He got 26 votes didn't he?) Would be entertaining if nothing else. :) :)

Better try and get a meeting with Herbert dude!! I'm good friends with his sister so you know the hound guys are gonna be breaking bread with him, "Gary, this state needs MORE mountain lions!!" ;-)

HoundDawg is the class-clown around here Tony. I dont even hold a candle to his smart ass.;-)

He is pretty damn funny but not that educated, does he know I havn't been running the MDF for over 3 years and have not been with them for almost a year.

Dawg, I am not with MDF and have not ran them for 3 years.

Glad I could educate you :)

Tony

Tony,

I am afraid you just stirred up the hornets nest.;-)

I know you got fired, or whatever, from MDF. I think you jabber on the radio now trying to get every Utard and their kids a deer tag each year? I listened to your show when you challenged the SFW deer proposal. I was glad to see you mentioned me on the show. I guess that was my 15 seconds of fame?:)

Didn't know you were out at the MDF, to be honest I don't pay a whole lot of attention to all that stuff.

I figure God put mule deer on this earth to feed lions, and beyond that my interest starts to wane.

See, if you had got after the Gov. and tried to take a meeting you might still be in there running the show!! ;-)

Not sure what the deal is with the radio show, but sounds like fun. If I don't have a chance of hearing Van Halen or the "Bad Girlfriend" song I won't be on that station for very long. ;-)

Best of luck in whatever you are up to, and let's all work to get Super Dell elected next time so we can say "Change has come to Utah" and all sit back and watch a total raving psycho put us in the national headlines on a weekly basis. :)

Gov Rocky Anderson... we'll all look back on the Huntsman years with tears in our eyes at how great things were! ;-)
Be careful what you people wish for, Huntsman was as good as you can hope for, but Herbert will be awesome, solid man, great family, smart politician. No worries I think.

Tony: You want answers?
ktc: I think I'm entitled to them.
Tony: You want answers?
ktc: I want the truth!
Tony: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has wealthy hunters. And those hunters have to be guarded by men with self serving interests. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Hound Dawg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the average joe Mule Deer hunter and you curse the MDF. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the demise of hunting for the common man, while tragic, probably saved mule deer for my rich sponsors and contributors. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, helps the wealthy...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on the MDF. You need me on the MDF.
We use words like auction, conservation tag, client loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of lost hunter opportunity I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and hunt a doe. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
ktc: Did you kill hunting for the common man?
Tony: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
ktc: Did you kill hunting for the common man?
Tony: You're goddamn right I did!!

Pruney,

How did you gain access to my PM's?;-)

Tony calls me a "little brother", truth is, he is the little brother. He gets picked on around here but we still like him,........like we like a chapped ass.;-)

Damn, that was pretty funny no matter how far off you were. Last time I checked I want opportunity for the common hunter.

Still it was funny

Tony

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom