Hurt Twice

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
I just read the post in campfire about T/Paper or what we would call in the outdoor world as Charmin Lilies..
How funny it was!! However how sadden I was because it brings back memories of two times in my life when I was hurt.
As a youngster I not only lived in the woods. It became a way of life. I lived off the land for many years trapping hunting fishing logging and mining.
The wilds were my home. I not only ate the wild life but I lived hand and hand with the wildlife. As a kid it was the greatest. With the exception there was never an Outhouse to be found.
Well it was late one year in the Yukon Territory. I think Decemberish. I was running a trap line for Grizzly, Wolf, Fox and Wolverine. I was about 6 miles from my line camp. I should have never left that morning because of a storm front had moved in and snow was inevitable. Well me as smart as I wasn?t couldn't wait to check my traps. Then after about 3 miles from camp it started snowing like crazy. It put down about 1 foot of snow in about an hour. I was some what disoriented due to the weather. Not lost but simply detained for about 2 days. After 2 days and no out-house one might say Mother Nature was calling. The storm had subsided and it was colder then my first girlfriend. Anyway I was tramping around trying to spy a spot to squat. As cold as it was I dropped my drawers a couple times and tried to poo! Only to have to sit back on the turd and force it back home. One time I even tried to cut it off with my knife but it was froze. After a couple hours of discomfort I finally spied a big ole pine tree where there was not much snow under the boughs. So I climbed under the tree and brushed away most of the snow. Dropped my drawers and squatted only to hear Snap. I will be darned if I hadn't sat right in one of them darn Grizzly traps. Well it snapped up around my gonads. That was once when I was hurt. The other time I was hurt was when I hit the end of the chain!! Have you been hurt???
Rutnbuck

I ain't been hurt that way but I know you remember the bet we made...Ya I made the horse cry!!:RIMROCK

Rut,

:) I've been hurt before but nothing that bad. OUCH!

Steve

"You've seen my saving grace and you've seen my sins. Baby do you love me still?" The Flatlanders

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom