I drew Utah Bear, I guess....

257Tony

Long Time Member
Got an orientation packet in the mail today saying congrats on your 2007 Bear tag, but no official results until the 29th. It is the Nine mile Antrho-Range Creek hunt. I am assuming the early hunt since that was my first choice and I have zero bonus points. The funny thing is I had no real intention for applying, I just happened to be checking on my Deer/Elk apps when I noticed the bear application ended that day, so I thought "What the hey" Beginners luck I guess. Anybody have any experience with this area or know a good guide with dogs? Thanks in advance!! I also posted this in the Bear forum so the hardcore guys would see it......

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Way to go Tony!

I'm in on the overlap spring bear hunt of my Turkey tag dates I drew.

I have got 0 bear points after my coming off the waiting period so who knows... maybe mine is in the mail! ha

Robb

Sweet! Will a .257 take down a black bear? We shall see, we shal see...

COOL!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>Sweet! Will a .257 take down
>a black bear? We shall
>see, we shal see...
>
>COOL!
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I have no doubt the .257 will take down any blackie I would run into, but if I can use dogs I would like to use a handgun, probably my Raging Bull.

Tony,

Congratulations on pulling the tag. If you wanna kill a good blackie in that area I would get Wade Lemon on the phone, he is the best there is. You could also try a local kid with hounds named Daniel Hickman, he is a straight shooter that knows the country real well and has access to much of the private land.

Good luck!!

I've shoot a few over the years with a 257Roberts, but never with a 257Tony. congrats, and good luck!!!

Daniel Hickman would be a good guide on that unit i have known him for a while and he runs very good dogs. Another person to check out would be Chase Hinckins of Chasen Guide Service. These two used to hunt together but im not sure if they still do. Chase is located in Ferron i believe.

Another good guide would be matt and steve mailer of vernal they hunt in the bookcliff area but they might be of some help inthe ninemile area.

Thanks for the tips guys, if you have their contact info would you send it to me via PM or email? Thanks....

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-07 AT 10:04AM (MST)[p]That's awesome, Tony. One of the few bear I've seen in the wild I saw on Anthro on a horse ride. And lots of bear sign on that ride, too. GOOD LUCK!

Got my Email results... no go for me.

I started the year out hot with 3 for 3 on tags now I am coming back into normal results... 3 for 5 with this and Az. elk a no go...

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom