I got nothing

You Guys Remember Me Posting This One?

I'll Bet It Hoyt!

bowhunt1-1.jpg

Hunting "accidents" where someone is killed should be prosecuted as manslaughter or negligent homicide at a minimum and loss of hunting privileges. Targets should first be identified as the correct species AND as something you want to kill before knocking an arrow or chambering a round. Theres no reason to fire blindly.
Wes

Hunting "accidents" where someone is killed should be prosecuted as manslaughter or negligent homicide at a minimum and loss of hunting privileges. Targets should first be identified as the correct species AND as something you want to kill before knocking an arrow or chambering a round. Theres no reason to fire blindly.
Wes
Uh oh, another long range shooting thread.

I'd Say He's Lucky There Wasn't Brain Damage?

If There Was Anything In There To Start With!

I Wonder If There's A Soft Spot On The Back Of That Thinker Now?

I Helped A Guy Out With Some Hunter's Safety Classes A Few Years Back!

I Printed All 3 Pictures & A Set For All Young Hunters In Class & We Talked About Archery Equipment & Safety!

Well!

That's Not The Story I Read About But LOL!
I had those same pictures posted on a bulletin board for years along with other not so smart hunting stunts people had pulled. It had an article attached to it and I really did think that's kind of what happened. Been a long time ago , probably early nineties so I could have it wrong. I tried to find the whole story and pictures but I've moved so much I've probably lost them. Maybe you still have the real skinny on what happened? If so jog my memory if you can!!

Last edited:
I Wasn't Saying You Were Wrong!

I Heard A Few Different Stories & Never Did Know For Sure What TRUTHFULLY Happened!

How Many Drinks Did That Take?:D

Well I just found the story on the internet. I did have it wrong. His buddy was trying to shoot a gallon can off his head not an apple.

He confessed later on that they had all been drinking.

That’s a Thunderhead…..I have a bunch of them laying around here somewhere. They penetrated bone as good as anything we had back then.

When we were kids we went to Thanksgiving at my cousins house. There were a bunch of cousins there, and one ended up getting shot in the eye with one of those toy kids bows.

Arrow went in behind the eye from the side (thats the angle you would expect when he was running back and forth like a shooting gallery duck) and luckily missed the optical nerve.

Vision is fine, just a little more brain damage. Did ruin turkey day though.

Last edited:
Guys right before Christmas 6 or 7 years ago here in Houston a woman walked into her work and pinned a co worker to his office chair with an arrow. 2 men in the same office were lawfully armed and shot her about 15 times. What a mess.

I couldn't imagine how messed up that scene was.

If I recall correctly...coyote hunting in WY. He reached behind to grab a .243.

He was out of the cockpit for almost a year.

txRWtQY.jpeg

Most shooting safety rules are based on the assumption that you at some point in life will have an accidental discharge. The rules are there to keep you from injuring someone when it happens.

It is acceptable and a learning even when ADs happen. Being injured from one is what is not acceptable.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom