I have 10 PP for Colorado deer. Any suggestions??

W

welp45

I have 10 preference points for Colorado deer. I am stumped for areas. I am a little reluctant for a guided hunt as everyone I have been on has been marginal at best. I've done better on my own. I live in michigan, but have been going west at least once a year for the last 20 or so. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Are you looking at this year (2007)? The deadline to put in was a little less than a week ago (Apr. 3rd).

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

NO. Sorry I should have stated that, This would be for 2008 or later. No hurry. Just looking at doing as much research as possible. I plan on a wyoming antelope unit 7 hunt this Fall adn I drew unit 6A in Arizona for Elk, so this year is tied up.

DO a little research.
There is plenty of options.
It is funny though, you can kill a big buck in some 1 point areas too.
Jeff

True. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while. But there are clearly better units than others. Last year I took a beutiful 5x5 in unit G (with the help of some great guys from nebraska, some serious horn hunters that helped this dumb flatlander). A lot of people say unit G is no longer a great place to go. But you just have to work for them, toughest hunt I've been on. Just looking for as much info as I can get. Thanks.

If you have any pictures of you region G buck, I would like to see them. Sounds like you had a good hunt.

I'd look to see which units take the mostest points and look at them first. Theres a reason they're so hard to draw. i have my info and ideas but am afraid to share them cause I'll only have 8 points next year if I don't draw this year. (selfish)

Boomer,
I don't know if I sent a pic of this to you yet but I am trying to post one now. It was a great time/hunt.

Try units 54,66,67,21,10 all those units in the 3rd or 4th seasons produce monsters. Especially 66 and 54, some say those are the best units in the state, that Gunnison valley produces some great genetics.

Unit 10 is mostly public land with great numbers of bucks. Can be pretty easy country or tough and nasty depending on how you like to hunt. I drew a buck tag a few years back and had a great hunt. Good Luck.

Recommend you try http://www.huntodds.com/ You can find a lot of data on the free area, but the premium data is probably worth it. With that you can put in a minimun number of points and it will find all units/hunts that match your points, then you can research from there. Good luck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom