I might shoot this one

B_F_E

Long Time Member
46195bd7194bcdab.jpg

46195c121aafb8b1.jpg

That's what you call a no-brainer. Too bad he didn't get harvested by a lucky hunter.

I have been tearing my house apart trying to find the article on this ram and I can't find it, so here is what I remember. He was a Colorado Ram that did die of old age. If I remember right, I was also surprised to read that his score was somewhere below 200. He looks like a "world record" but his weight measurements were not that good. I'll keep looking for the article. I think it was published in a FNAWS paper?

I believe he scored just over the 195" mark. Bases were tiny at 13 1/2". Long side was 52".

SSS

He was at the Salt Lake show in January. He wasn't heavy at all but still impressive. It was just a skull plate if I remember correctly. Too bad they didn't put a cape on him.

Final score on this great ram was 195 5/8 net B&C

The long horn was 50 7/8 the longest bighorn horn in B&C. It is one of only a handful of all sheep horns over 50 inches. His mass is average or below. His base on the long side was nearly an inch smaller than the shorter 43 inch horn.

The horns at SLC are a cast. The original set is on full body mount a the Colorado Division of Wildlife HQ in Denver.

Sandbrew

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom