I scoped it!!

steelie

Well I broke down and put a scope on my muzz. Nothing fancy, no magnification, just a set of crosshairs basically. I would highly recommend this to anyone, especially if you are like me and aren't used to/have troubles with open sights. First 100 yard group I shot was 2.6". I am way excited! My open sight groups I needed a yardstick to measure. I was starting to feel that my effective range was about 75 yards, I think I've doubled that now. Anyways, if anybody else out there that can only use non-magnifying scopes was wondering if that would help, IT DOES! It is really wierd looking through the scope and seeing the end of the barrel though :)

I bought the Simmons 1X32, $75 plus mounts, I had an old pair of rings I'm using so I'm into it about $90. I found one in the $60 range, Swift I think. And the Burris, Nikon, etc are all in the $175 range.

My swift won't retain accuracy after 2 years of using it. Using the Simons now for 3rd year and no problems todate.

-DallanC

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-03 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]2 years ago I put a Nikon Buckmaster 1power ($159)on my Knight Wolverine and I love it. Tipped over a nice 3x3 at 80 yds with my first shot at a deer. The scope pulls in alot of light at dawn and dusk and really helps me focus.Yes it's still sighted in and working fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom