Ice fishing with my kid!!!

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-11 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]Finally got out and spent some time on the Ice this weekend. We got out and fished Friday night and also went out for a few hours on Saturday afternoon...My daughter had a GREAT time. She was REALLY concentrating hard..she kept missing the good bites and could not Hook up.
IceFishing4.jpg

Then she finally caught her first fish through the ice...a nice perch..all by herself..Hooked reeled in and took off the hook.
IceFishing2.jpg

Then the Trout started biting...she could not keep the splake off her line...she was reeling them in faster than I could get my phone out to take a picture. Then she caught a NICE 20" Rainbow...then a couple more 22" Splake...I wished I had more than my phone to capture all the pics of her....she was in HEAVEN!
IceFishing3.jpg

IceFishing.jpg

IceFishing5.jpg

I was one PROUD dad as she held out in the cold and ice and fished until she was tired of catching fish!!!!! She had a blast!

We then went back to the cabin to rub it in to her sister and Mom that she had outfished everyone again...and spent a nice night at the cabin and headed home Sunday morning.
IceFishing6.jpg

I think we are going to be spending LOTS more time up fishing through the ice....this girl is HOOKED!!!
She caught 15-20 nice perch...Lots of Splake in the 16-19" Range and that one really nice Rainbow. All but a couple splake and the rainbow went back in the hole for another day.
The ice is getting close to 10-12" and was great fun!!!!!

Very cool FLEH! I have never been an ice fisherman. Nothing makes me want to pee my pants more than those loud pops and moans the ice makes. I would be running for shore screaming like a little girl! Looks like fun though. Way to go Dad.

It's always an adventure!!!

Looks like a ton of fun. I am thinking about trying to make it down next weekend with my kids. How was the ice?

@Jim....come on down...the sound is too bad. My 8 year old will keep you safe! hahaha

@Cody....The ice is plenty safe. It is 10-12" and growing, with only a bit of snow on it. There is no slush anywhere. THe perch fishing is fast and furious and if you get in the right spot, the splake are biting like crazy!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-11 AT 10:00PM (MST)[p]Looks like fun Jason. I almost headed up saturday. Guess I should have .It would have kept the boys off their dirt bikes. Todd came up short on a jump and broke his talus. The bone that hooks the tib and fib to his foot.
We will let you know the next time we can head up.It would be nice to see you and your girls. Maybe I will bring my girls up 8,13 and 17. We should have a few more months of fishing .
Nice looking cabin. You need to tell everyone how many steps there are under that snow !!!

Yea John..you should have come up...the fishing was great! That sucks about your boy!! That HURTS!

Let me know if you guys head up...we love to hit the ice!!

We love the cabin...just not as big as yours!! But I can drive to mine in the winter without a Snowmobile!! :)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom