Idaho Bear

wybighorn

Idaho MMer's,

A black bear has been on my bucket list for some time, and it's time I did something about that! : )

I would like to take my son on a black bear hunt for a high school graduation present. However, I have no idea where to start. So, I'm wondering if I could get some help... Could someone point me in the right direction? If you know any good black bear outfitters or had a good experience on a bear hunt with an outfitter I would love to hear about it.

Here is a basic list of my criteria:

I'm looking for a Spring hunt (May or June, after school is out). Somewhere in the $2,000 - $4,000 range. I have also invited my father to come along as well so, I'm thinking it would be better if it were a "bait" type hunt.

I'm not overly concerned about "colored bears" or "huge bears."

The most important part of this experience would be opportunity (or coming home with a bear) as this would be a "once in a life time" experience for us as a family. As a school teacher (with limited funds) I want the best experience I can get.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate your suggestions.

Wybighorn,

Rawhide outfitters in salmon, Idaho is atop notch outfitter. I have never bear hunted with them but have gone on a couple of steelhead trips with them. The Cranneys work super hard to get you an animal or fish. Super nice hard working family. A good number of bears and awesome scenery. Check out the web site.
That would be such a fun hunt for your son and your dad also coming. Good luck!

Ill vouch for rawhide. We have been fishing with them for the past 10 years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom