Idaho Bennet Hills Cow Elk Hunt?

B

bootspearo

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-09 AT 10:59PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-09 AT 10:57?PM (MST)

I have never been to this unit I have taken a couple 17 yr old boy's under my wing, the one father loves to hunt but is disabled and cannot hardly walk. So I took them on there first elk hunt last year they drew a cow tag for 31 and we harvested 2 cow's the first day. Well this year they didn't draw and I was looking through the regs and noticed a early cow muzzy hunt, and thought it had good success and could be a fun hunt. So I thought I might be able to get a starting point to go scouting next weekend and maybe get them on another elk this year any info would be great. Hugh

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-09 AT 10:58PM (MST)[p]Here is a pic of Bo's elk from last year, the one in the white .
DSCN0885.jpg

This is a Pic of Jareds Elk also a first and both elk were harvested about a 100 yards apart.
DSCN0881.jpg

I drew a bull tag & weve seen lots of cows while weve been scouting. Alot of the landowners down lower in the unit would be happy for you to shoot one around the corn fields,they do alot of damage to crops. If your going to hunt the sage walk every brush patch and jump them like your quail hunting,they usually bust out and stop to see whats going on.Shouldnt be hard finding them, just getting to them will be half the fun. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom