Idaho Fish and Game 2020 Legislative Proposals

I can't believe the comment period ends Sept 25th. That shows you by all the hits on this thread that very few people give a crap about the up and coming seasons for 2020 when there holding a tag for this year. Why would the Idfg not have the comment period after this years hunting season. I will tell you why, so when the complaints start coming in at the number of tags they sold and the poor harvest from continuing over lapping seasons, all they have to say is the comment period is over you will have to wait for 2022

>I can't believe the comment period
>ends Sept 25th. That shows
>you by all the hits
>on this thread that very
>few people give a crap
>about the up and coming
>seasons for 2020 when there
>holding a tag for this
>year. Why would the Idfg
>not have the comment period
>after this years hunting season.
>I will tell you why,
>so when the complaints start
>coming in at the number
>of tags they sold and
>the poor harvest from continuing
>over lapping seasons, all they
>have to say is the
>comment period is over you
>will have to wait for
>2022

None of this is true. These are well known and have been on the table for some time. The schedule is that way because of when the Legislative session is scheduled. It's amazing how people just assume State government is out to Screw them.....???

I'm not assuming the state government is out to screw me. It only makes sense to go through a hunting season after you have started the new 2 year hunting cycle, to discuss the problems of over crowding, the decline of older age class deer, non resident caps . Or maybe we could talk about corn and 2020 legislators . This is all true and you know it, and so do your comrades.

FYI:

Rules up for comment include:
?Limit nonresident participation on general season big game hunts without reducing resident opportunity.
?Reduce tag buyer congestion for highly competitive general season capped tags
?Ban the import of live mule deer, white-tailed deer, moose and wild-origin elk.
?Change minimum age to hunt turkey with a Hunting Passport and Designation of Locations Requiring Wildlife Management Area (WMA) Upland Game Permits.

>FYI:
>
>Rules up for comment include:
>?Limit nonresident participation on general season
>big game hunts without reducing
>resident opportunity.
>?Reduce tag buyer congestion for highly
>competitive general season capped tags
>
>?Ban the import of live mule
>deer, white-tailed deer, moose and
>wild-origin elk.
>?Change minimum age to hunt turkey
>with a Hunting Passport and
>Designation of Locations Requiring Wildlife
>Management Area (WMA) Upland Game
>Permits.

So are you saying that the topics that Hawkbill wants to discuss (which I agree are worthy to discuss) are not part of these proposed rules and perhaps Hawkbill should follow the open meeting agendas, attend Fish and Game Commission meetings and take part in the public process like everyone else?

I don't really care if they limit number of nonresident hunters per unit. I just don't see how they can do that with out eliminating all general nonresident tags. It would seem like everything would be controlled, with a draw. Throw in a points system and it sounds like your giving them just what they want! Elk is broken in to zones but how do you limit deer units to historic 10% participants without guaranteeing 10%. I understand some units are getting way to much nonresident pressure and others probably don't have an issue. Seems like a drastic change to alter that pattern. I committed on issues, would like a little more insight on there execution of that proposal.

>>FYI:
>>
>>Rules up for comment include:
>>?Limit nonresident participation on general season
>>big game hunts without reducing
>>resident opportunity.
>>?Reduce tag buyer congestion for highly
>>competitive general season capped tags
>>
>>?Ban the import of live mule
>>deer, white-tailed deer, moose and
>>wild-origin elk.
>>?Change minimum age to hunt turkey
>>with a Hunting Passport and
>>Designation of Locations Requiring Wildlife
>>Management Area (WMA) Upland Game
>>Permits.
>
>So are you saying that the
>topics that Hawkbill wants to
>discuss (which I agree are
>worthy to discuss) are not
>part of these proposed rules
>and perhaps Hawkbill should follow
>the open meeting agendas, attend
>Fish and Game Commission meetings
>and take part in the
>public process like everyone else?
>

Is you question pointed at me? If so, all my response is is what I could find about the topics. Thought it might help get some interest stirred. If there is more detail available, please share.

Absolutely no points system in Idaho. I keep reading that Idaho is the cheapest for non-residents, ok then raise the price of non resident licenses and non resident tags. Heck I'm even ok with them bumping up the resident prices a little to offset the possible loss in funds. I don't hunt in other states therefore I don't know what other states price structures are, yes I could look. The one thing that would be nice for IDFG to do is eliminate having to buy a license just to enter a controlled hunt. Why make Bob in Utah buy a license to hunt if he's not going to hunt if he doesn't draw the tag. That's another thing I've heard other states don't do, not sure which ones.
One thing for sure is, not everyone is going to be happy.
I do know last year in the part of unit 39 I was hunting, I seen more hunters from Washington and California then hunters from Idaho. Cameron Haines I am not, but am not a road hunter either.

Chuck in Boise

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom