Idaho General Hunts

CouesFanatic

How are the general deer hunts particularly in the southeastern region? This is my first year in Idaho and will be my first mule deer hunt. I have been around mule deer a lot, but I have been hunting Coues until now. If I scout some can I expect to find a big three point or small four point?

Simply put, yes. This is a very physical game....be prepared. The rest of the story is, if you hunt HARD, there are very big deer everywhere. I typically (this year for example) hunt general seasons. I would not settle for a small 4x4. That goes to definition of small....the one I shoot will be 4 1/2 years or older and will be 26+ wide. It was also have good mass, which is my favorite. You can find such an animal, within 3 to 5 days if you hunt hard.

Good luck... I live in Southeast Idaho and big bucks are few and far between! You may see a spike or two point during the scouting season, and thats all you'll see during the hunting season too! Where are you from?

I am from the Idaho Falls/Rexburg area. I'd be happy with any buck thats a average three point. Theres got to be a few around right? I am thinking somewhere between New Deal and Swan Valley.

Ya should be..but a warning about the area. Alot of out-of-staters! Wear ORANGE!!! Great for whitetails!! I've seen alot along the snake river!! And there on public land!!

Oh, and I am sure you know along the river is short range weapons only... shotgun...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom