Idaho Mtn Goat 36A-2

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
Was surprised with a tag in my mail today when I returned from vacation. Anyone on here ever hunt this, or know anyone who did. Luckily I have business meetings in Sun Valley tomorrow and Tue AM so I will bring the optics along and glass from the Hwy Tue to get things started.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-14 AT 02:39PM (MST)[p]I have extensive knowledge about the hunt myself, brother and good friend have had the same hunt PM me I know all the best camp spots , glassing points ect,ect .

Awesome. I will contact both of you later this week when I am back from my work conference. Luckily the conference is in Sun Valley, so I'm going to run up and glass from the Hwy for an hour tonight.

Yes it was. Lot's to figure out, starting with how I can lose 20lbs overnight!!

I've eaten nothing but salad since Friday, despite being taken out to some pretty fine establishments while on business in Sun Valley.

It will be nice to compare some scouting stories. Off to bed so I can get up early and run....

Yes.

Very old 10.5yr old Billy. Unfortunately he took a long steep tumble.

6070img_1052.jpg

He started cartwheeling from the base of the tall red-brown rock above me in this pic.

5944img_19700101_205216_805.jpg

Here are the 3 exit wounds from my 168gr rounds, which shows how tough these guys are. I thought I may be missing him based on his total lack of reaction.

5060img_20140922_062755.jpg

Here is a pic of the same goat from one of my 3 scouting trips where I took probably 100 pics of him. I just fell in love with his mature look and "give a damn" attitude. He is just under 9", so not a trophy by the standards of some, but all I wanted. This is how I will have him mounted. Of course my Taxi will need to add back some horn on his left side!

Brian

Well done! Nice goat. The Boulder mountains are definitely rugged. I live in Ketchum and hope to draw that tag sometime.

I see goats in unit 48, every time i'm fortune it enough to draw an Elk tag, and i got to see them this year too,and i always enjoy that part of my hunt. Thanks for sharing..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom