Idaho mule deer record book changed?

Pcjr21

I don't think I'm losing my mind but, when I was looking at the record book bucks kill in Idaho the other night I seem that there were bucks missing. I can't figure it out, but I for sure thought that there were 2 buck killed in one of the county's that unit 73 is in. I know from all the people I have talked to that there was a big non-typical and a big typical buck that were both killed in the last 10 years in that unit or that county. All the locals keep telling me about a non-typical buck kill on ###### Mt by a local kid with a bow! And I thought that buck was in the books near the top and was killed only a few years back. another very good source told about another buck that was in the books that he measured him self or seen and it is not in there also, and I thought I had seen it before. So what's the deal? I under stand why no one talks about some of thease units to the out-of-towners.
I can tell you I'm not new to units or the area. I don't want my spots found as much as anyone else! But I would love to see some picture of one of the buck or both. Also would love to know why the bucks are not in the book anymore! Every time I ask about the areas or bucks killed I'm treated like I'm from California or something. I just have a few questions, and never get a response. I'm not some dang road hunter, or guide, or some big mouth, just another hunter, hunting his ass off and doing it the right way! just would like get some info about the bucks killed? PM me if you have to!

There is always a few deer that are taken every year that would make it in the "books". For some people putting an animal in a book is about as high on their list as taking a picture for all of us to see, they just dont care. Ive been lucky enough to get a booner typical and to be with a few people in my hunting years that have taken some book bucks and even got some good pics but they dont want them entered in the books or their picture to end up on the internet and I respectfully do as they wish. Good luck on your quest but consider they just might not want anyone to know.

> There is always a few
>deer that are taken every
>year that would make it
>in the "books". For some
>people putting an animal in
>a book is about as
>high on their list as
>taking a picture for all
>of us to see, they
>just dont care. Ive been
>lucky enough to get a
>booner typical and to be
>with a few people in
>my hunting years that have
>taken some book bucks and
>even got some good pics
>but they dont want them
>entered in the books or
>their picture to end up
>on the internet and I
>respectfully do as they wish.
>Good luck on your quest
>but consider they just might
>not want anyone to know.
>
I understand that, and That's ok. But I thought I had seen them
In the book before. I know last year they were there and now they are gone, I guess that's my bigger question!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-13 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]Not sure but I think some get entered in the all time book and some just get in for I think one edition or something like that. Might be able to look on P&Y site or the B&C site to see. I think it depends on what the score was.

I know alot of people just dont care about the book. I dont enter none of mine and never will. I hunt for the enjoyment of myself and do not care to have it in a book.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-13
>AT 11:08?AM (MST)

>
>Not sure but I think some
>get entered in the all
>time book and some just
>get in for I think
>one edition or something like
>that. Might be able to
>look on P&Y site or
>the B&C site to see.
>I think it depends on
>what the score was.
>
>
>I know alot of people just
>dont care about the book.
>I dont enter none of
>mine and never will. I
>hunt for the enjoyment of
>myself and do not care
>to have it in a

I understand the book is not a big deal. In the end I would love to see the pics of the bucks and if they were really killed like everyone says. What I'm most interested in is the Genetics in the area, a lot of the buck have unique horns depending on what mountain they came from. Even though the mountains are close in distance, they produce different looking horns. I've been told the bucks have the unique horns that make them unique to the area. Breeding cattle and genetics, is very interesting to me. When you seen bucks killed in the 60's and you seen bucks killed today from the same place that look the same is what is so cool to me!

I think alot of us that are diehard muley hunters are interested in genetics and what areas produce certain types of deer. Its part of the whole addiction I think. There are some good books that can help. A real good one that you already might know about is Idaho's Greatest Mule deer by Ryan Hatfield. This is a must have read for anyone interested in idaho muledeer hunting.Another good one is Record Book for Idaho's Big Game Animals by Northwest Big Game, Inc. There is alot of comparisons that can be made between animals taken from the early 1900s and today. You should check them out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom